Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and stories of this magical island with a local Highland company. We are proud to be able to offer you the best rated tour guides and the most spacious and well-appointed mini-coaches.
We are a 5 star Visit Scotland rated operator, who are number 1 rated on TripAdvisor in Inverness. However, we don’t just offer tours; we offer you the opportunity to fall in love with the place we call home.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Eilean Donan Castle, Kyle of Lochalsh IV40 8DX Scotland
Our first stop is at the iconic Eilean Donan Castle. This castle is instantly recognisable the world-over as it has featured in many films and innumerable Scottish souvenirs! We will stop at our favourite vantage point here to enable you to take some photos and admire the majestic beauty of this iconic sight in its wonderful coastal location.
Please note that there will NOT be an opportunity to visit the castle.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Portree, Portree, Isle of Skye, The Hebrides, Scotland
Upon arrival in Portree your guide will point you in the direction of the harbour viewpoint; from here you can admire the pretty pastel-coloured houses that the town is famous for.
With its quirky shops, cute cafes, picturesque location and interesting sights you will certainly find plenty to occupy you during our 45 minute stop here.
This will be your opportunity to purchase lunch from one of the town's bakeries or yummy takeaways.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Old Man of Storr, Scotland
As we drive north we will stop at a loch-side viewpoint, where you will have chance to admire the unique rock formation of the Old Man of Storr. This 50 metre high pinnacle juts out from the awesome Trotternish Ridge, an area which will be widely recognised from blockbuster films including Ronin 47, Macbeth, Snow White & The Huntsman, Prometheus and The BFG.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kilt Rock, Scotland
Kilt Rock is an exposed sea cliff which resembles the traditional Highland kilt, and which never fails to impress our guests. It also boasts a waterfall which cascades 60ft (180m) into the Sound of Raasay below - a truly unique sight, and particularly so when the wind blows the waterfall back up the cliff!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Quiraing Viewfield Road, Portree IV51 9ES Scotland
A visit to Skye just would not be complete without visiting the Quiraing. On a clear day you will be able to enjoy views of the Outer Hebrides and the Scottish mainland, framed by pinnacles, cliffs and great buttresses. However, it is on a windy and wet day that you will really be able to appreciate the supernatural power of this place, as you watch the clouds swirl around you, and your spine starts to tingle.
You will have around 30 minutes here - plenty of time to go for a short hike and find a peaceful stop to to truly enjoy Skye's magic.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fairy Pools, Road to Glenbrittle Glenbrittle, IV47 8TA Scotland
You will have time to hike up to this beautiful series of pools and waterfalls, which are famed for their crystal clear water.
The scenic walk to the first pool is slightly uphill and takes around 20 minutes (distance is 0.7 miles) and the most impressive waterfall is 5 minutes further on (0.9 miles total). Most guests spend their time around this area, admiring the famous crystal clear waters, and the stunning Cuillin Mountain backdrop. There are photo opportunities aplenty, and your guide will be available to take group and couple shots if you wish.
Please be aware that the walk to the Fairy Pools and back is a total of around 1.5 miles and will take around 40 minutes, so you do require a moderate level of fitness. Also, as you need to cross stepping stones over a couple of streams you need to be stable on your feet, and ensure that you wear sensible hiking boots/shoes. This is not a tourist attraction, it’s nature at its most beautiful, so don’t expect pavements or bridges!
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: Skye Bridge, A87, Kyle of Lochalsh Scotland
After seeing all of the highlights of the Isle of Skye we will head back over the bridge. From here we head back east, through stunning mountains and picture-postcard Highland scenery, and your guide will fill you in on the bloody history that led to these once thriving glens becoming the desolate and lonely places they are today.
Pass By: Loch Ness, Scotland
Near the end of our journey we will get our first glimpse of that body of water the Highlands is so famous for; Loch Ness. As we drive along, hugging the shores of the loch, your guide will regale you with the colourful history of the world-famous monster, whilst you keep your eyes peeled for her!
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
It's our last photo stop of the day, and it's certainly a WOW one! We will view this magnificent medieval castle from above, admiring its location on a distinctive peninsula jutting out onto the mysterious Loch Ness.
From here, it is a short drive back to Inverness, where you will arrive back with memories to last a lifetime!
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Walking (approximately 1.5 miles to and from the Fairy Pools) is involved, and some of this is on rough terrain
- Seats will be assigned upon arrival - groups/couples will be seated together
- The tour operates in all weather conditions but, if the Fairy Pools are inaccessible due to bad weather, we will visit alternative sights
- Unfortunately, due to the duration of the tour and time on the coach, this tour is not appropriate for children under the age of six
- We would recommend wearing/bringing warm clothes, hiking boots and waterproof jackets
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Whilst social distancing restrictions remain in place we are operating at a reduced capacity of around 50% (up to 16 guests).
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Experienced driver
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Stance No. 7, Inverness Bus Station, Margaret St, Inverness IV1 1LT, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the WOW Scotland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.