GROUPON GOODS GLOBAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Please note that this privacy statement only applies to you if you purchase a product from Groupon Goods Global GmbH.
Effective Date: 27.06.2017
This Privacy Statement was adopted as of the “Effective Date” above, and may be amended from time to time. In the event of a material change, we may notify you of such changes. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was most recently adopted by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.
1. Personal data collected
Groupon Goods is the data owner in respect of your personal data that is necessary to provide you with the products you purchased from us on the Site. This includes information such as your name and delivery address. Groupon Goods directly processes your data in accordance with the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act of 19 June 1992 and its ordinances (the “ Privacy Law”).
Please note that, as the Site operator, Groupon International is the data controller in respect of all information you provide or is made available about you when you interact with the Site. This includes, for example, information necessary to create a Groupon account or to subscribe to email marketing. Your customer relationship is with Groupon International, which processes your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy law and its Privacy Statement .
2. How Groupon Goods uses information
Groupon Goods processes your personal data in order to fulfil your order. This consists of information related to:
· the delivery and shipment of the products you have purchased from us; and
- managing everyday business needs functional to sale and post-sale.
Groupon Goods will also process your data in order to comply with laws, regulations and legislation, as well as enforcement of our judicial rights. Please note that if you purchase products for individuals other than yourself, it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the Privacy Law in respect of your submission to us of their personal information.
3. When and Why Groupon Goods Discloses Information
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. When we process your personal data for the purposes set out in section 2 above, we may pass or share your personal data with the following third parties, as may be necessary from time to time:
· With affiliated and unaffiliated technical and organisational service providers relevant to our business. This includes Groupon International and Groupon, Inc. Groupon, Inc. has its registered offices at 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois - 60610, USA.
· To third parties to report or collect on debts owed to us or our suppliers or other business partners.
· To third parties in order for us to perform our contractual obligations toward you, combat fraud or criminal activity, or as part of legal proceedings affecting us.
· To law enforcement officers or other government officials, to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
Please note that it is likely some recipients of your data may be located outside of Switzerland or the European Union, in countries with an inadequate level of data protection. You recognise and understand that when you purchase a product, we may pass your personal information to a service provider or business partner who supports delivery of your product to you and that this service provider or business partner may be located (or process your personal data) outside of Switzerland or the European Union.
4. Security of Personal Data
We process data mainly in electronic form in line with the Privacy Law security requirements; Groupon Goods has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
5. Retention of Personal Data and Your Rights in relation to Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to perform our contractual obligations to you and as required by applicable law. Should you wish to know more about the personal data we have about you, you can exercise your rights of access at any time. Should you wish to do so, please contact us at http://www.groupon.co.uk/customer_support . You may also write to us at: Groupon Goods Global GmbH, Vordergasse 3, Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Please note that while we are ready to assist you, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases for financial reporting and compliance reasons.