GROUPON UK PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: November 19, 2015
We will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the Site. If we make any material changes we will notify you, either by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), by means of notice on the Site or otherwise. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was adopted by referring to the “Effective Date” above.
1. Situations in which We Collect Information
- We may collect and retain the following information from and about you if you interact with us through the Site: your email address and Site password;
- your payment details, billing and delivery addresses;
- your phone numbers;your location, browser type and operating system, website browsing patterns (e.g., through cookies) and purchase history;
- other information you actively submit to us or we can determine about you based on your interactions with the Site and services.
You may interact with us, for example, if you:
- register, subscribe, authorize the transfer of, or create an account with Groupon International;
- open or respond to emails from Groupon International;
- provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with other Sellers, merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers and other business partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- interact or connect with or link to the Site via integrated social networking tools; and
- post comments to the the Site.
2. Your Choices
You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us.
You can manage your email and notice preferences by logging into your account through the Site or by adjusting the settings in our mobile application. You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in any commercial emails that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe from, others. You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Site.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please refer to Groupon International’s Cookies Policy for more information. You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider and the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you register for customized email newsletters containing offers for local services, goods and travel, Groupon International will work to make information more relevant for you and customize newsletters based on information you share, your location, website browsing preferences (for example, through cookies), purchase history or based on other attributes of your relationship with the Groupon Group. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages with Groupon International, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from promotional email messages, you will still receive confirmations when you make purchases on the Site. You can reject and delete cookies and unsubscribe from newsletters at any time by clicking links in each newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
3. How We Use Information
We may process personal data to:
- Facilitate and process orders for vouchers and other goods and services;
- Determine your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Establish and analyze individual and group profiles and customer behavior;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us, the Sellers and our business partners;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of business partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from merchants and other business partners through the Site; and / or
Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you, determine your interests and provide you with more relevant and compelling offers.
4. When and Why We Disclose Information
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. We will not share your personal data, except as follows:
- with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers within and outside of the European Economic Area, including, without limitation, Groupon International Limited, which has its registered offices at Lower Ground Floor, Connaught House, 1 Burlington Road, Dublin 4, 216410 Ireland and Groupon, Inc. which has its registered offices at 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois - 60610, USA to provide services for us, subject to strict contractual obligations to protect your personal data and process it on our behalf and under our control only;
- with the Sellers, so they can sell and deliver to you;
- to report or collect on debts owed to Sellers, merchants or other business partners;as necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with business partners to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a Groupon voucher, goods or services offered by a business partner or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or the Sellers on behalf of a business partner;
- in case of a merger, acquisition or reorganization, with a purchaser of our company or all or substantially all of our assets;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting the Groupon Group;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts, or
- with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We encourage business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, while we share personal data with business partners only for the above-mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of personal data obtained through the Groupon Group is governed by their own privacy policies and practices and not subject to our control.
5 . How We Collect Information
You provide us with personal data when you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase or redeem vouchers or otherwise contact us or communicate with us actively. For example, you provide personal data to us when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to online communities.
You also provide personal data to us when you interact with the Site via cookies and other technologies [as described in the Groupon International Cookies Policy.
We also receive personal data and other online and offline information from our business partners who may report to us redemption, collection, or refund-return events. We will use such information in accordance with applicable laws and this Privacy Statement.
trong>6. Security of Personal Data
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
7. Your Rights in relation to Personal Data; Contact Us
You can access, update, rectify, and delete your information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keeping your personal data current helps ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you.In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any other personal data we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, (ii) request that we refrain from further use of any personal data we hold about you, and (iii) object to our creation of user profiles about you. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, if you want to make use of any of the above rights, or other rights that you may have in relation to your personal data if you wish to close your Groupon account or if you have other questions or requests, please email us at email@example.com. You can also reach us via postal mail at the following address:
MyCityDeal Limited (trading as Groupon UK)
1 Swan Lane
While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
8. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Social Site Features
10. Connecting through Social Networks
We offer social networking users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on social networks. If you are logged into both the Site and a social network, when you use the Site’s social networking connection functions, you may connect your social network account with your Groupon account (this happens automatically, if the email addresses match). If the email addresses do not match, we ask you if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts. If you are already logged into the Site but not logged into your social network site, when you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will be prompted to enter your social network website credentials or to sign up for the social network.
If you are not currently registered as a Groupon user and you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your social network credentials and then be given the option to register and join Groupon. Once you register with us and connect with the social network, you will be able to automatically post recent Groupon activity back to your social network. Please refer to the privacy settings in your social network account to manage the data that is shared through your account.
11. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the collection, processing and use (including disclosure) of information by us when you buy a voucher or product through the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, processing, use, and disclosure practices. Our business partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.