GROUPON INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Please note that this privacy statement only applies to you if you purchase from Groupon International Travel GmbH.
Effective Date: 19/11/2015
Last Updated: 27/06/2017
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Groupon International Travel GmbH, with registered address at Vordergasse 3, 8200 Schaffhausen, Switzerland (“Groupon Travel”, “ us”, “our”, and “we”), processes and uses information about you. This Privacy Statement applies only to information we process in order to facilitate your reservation or purchase of vouchers or other items from us (collectively, “ Travel Products”) on the international marketplace featured onhttp://www.groupon.co.uk (the “ Site”). The Site is owned and operated by Groupon International Limited, with registered address at Lower Ground Floor, Connaught House, 1 Burlington Road, Dublin 4, 216410 Ireland ("Groupon International"), whose terms and privacy statements you can view here:Terms & Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was adopted as of the “Effective Date” above, and may be amended from time to time. In the event of a material change, we may notify you of such changes. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was most recently adopted by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.
1. Personal data collected
Groupon Travel is the data owner in respect of your personal data that is necessary to provide you with the Travel Products you purchased from the Site. This includes information such as your name and email address, payment information and information on other passengers who are travelling. Groupon Travel directly processes your data in accordance with the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act of 19 June 1992 and its ordinances (the “ Privacy Law”).Please note that Groupon International is the controller in respect of all information you provide or is made available about you when you interact with the Site. This includes, for example, information necessary to create a Groupon account or to subscribe to email marketing. Your customer relationship is with Groupon International which processes your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy law and its Privacy Statement.
2. How we use information - purposes and conditions of processing
Groupon Travel processes your personal data to facilitate your order of Travel Products. This consists of information related to:
· your name, email address (including the name and email address of other travellers that you provide to us) and payment information, including billing address; and
· managing everyday business needs functional to facilitating your purchase or use of Travel Products.
Groupon Travel will also process your data in order to comply with laws, regulations and legislation, as well as enforcement of our judicial rights. Please note that if you make purchase Travel Products for individuals other than yourself, it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the Privacy Law in respect of your submission to us of their personal information.
3. When and Why Groupon Travel Discloses Information
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. When we process your personal data for the purposes set out in section 2 above, we may pass or share your personal data with the following third parties, as may be necessary from time to time:
· With affiliated and unaffiliated technical and organizational service providers relevant to our business. This includes Groupon International and Groupon, Inc. Groupon, Inc. has its registered offices at 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois - 60610, USA.
· To third parties to report or collect on debts owed to us or our suppliers or other business partners.
· To third parties in order for us to perform contractual obligations toward you (including to supply or help supply you with your Travel Products), combat fraud or criminal activity, or as part of legal proceedings affecting us.
· To law enforcement officers or other government officials, to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
Given the nature of the travel business, it is likely some recipients of your data may be located outside of Switzerland or the European Union, in countries with an inadequate level of data protection. You recognize and understand that when you purchase Travel Products, we may pass your personal information to a service provider or business partner who supports the supply of your Travel Product to you, and that this service provider or business partner may be located (or process your personal data) outside of Switzerland or the European Union.
4. Security of Personal Data
We process data mainly in electronic form in line with the Privacy Law security requirements. Groupon Travel has implemented an information security programme that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
5. Retention of Personal Data and Your Rights in relation to Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to perform our contractual obligations to you and as required by applicable law. Should you wish to know more about the personal data we have about you, you can exercise your rights of access at any time. Should you wish to do so, please contact us at https://www.groupon.co.uk/customer support. You may also write to us at: Groupon International Travel GmbH, Vordergasse 3, 8200 Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Please note that while we are ready to assist you, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases for financial reporting and compliance reasons.