Day spas in London: things to know before you go
London is one of the world’s fastest, busiest and loudest cities, but it’s also the perfect place to get some rest with day spa deals. It can be tricky to work out what spa treatment you need, so we’ve rounded up a few of the best ideas to help you get started.
What are some good day spa ideas?
From full-day experiences to half-day sessions, poolside relaxation with the girls to exotic couples treatments, there are many day spas available in London. Here are some of our favourites:
- Bathhouses. Dip your toe in the world of bathhouses to feel refreshed, cleansed and rejuvenated. Head to Marylebone for Moroccan-style treatments or steam it up in Shoreditch – there are lots of bathhouses across the city.
- Floatation tanks. Float your cares away in a softly-lit floatation tank, kind of like your own miniature pool pod.
- Food and fizz. Spas and scones are a match made in heaven – so mix up the massage with some afternoon tea and Prosecco.
Of course, day spa vouchers make great gifts – as you’ll learn in this guide.
What type of massage should I get?
Make the most of your spa day with a massage session that really hits the spot. Here are some suggestions:
- Deep tissue or sports massage. These intensive treatments are great for targeting aches and pains in problem areas.
- Hot stone massage. This soothing massage boosts your circulation and relieves muscle tension.
- Swedish massage. Traditional and totally relaxing, this massage is great for releasing muscle knots and makes the perfect choice if you’ve never had a massage before.
For more information look at these massage deals in London.
What other types of spa treatment are there in London?
Book a spa day in London and you can go all out with treatments – including massages, body masks and mineral scrubs. Can’t decide which you’d enjoy more? Here are three ideas for Londoners:
- Wave spa at Beaconsfield invites you to try a therapeutic Rasul mud treatment. It’s said to stimulate blood flow, cleanse your pores and revive muscle tissue, helping you feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
- If you’re south of the Thames, try the one-hour body exfoliation experience at Marina Beauty & Spa in Sutton. After you’ve been scrubbed down with sea salt, you could get eyelash extensions and sort out your bikini line, too. This place offers the full beauty package.
- Turkish delight – but not as you know it. Hammam spa, close to Peckham Rye Park, whisks you away with traditional Turkish and Moroccan treatments, including steam sessions, peels and scrubs.
Where are the best day spas in London?
As you’d expect from one of the world’s greatest cities, London tops the charts when it comes to spa day indulgence. Here are some highlights:
- ESPA Life at Corinthia
- Aman Spa at The Connaught
- Chuan Spa at The Langham
- Soholistic Spa at Ham Yard
- Mondrian London
Read our article The Best Spa Days in London to find the cream of the crop, courtesy of London blogger and creator of the LDN diaries, Paula Holmes.