This 26-module course covers eating behaviour, weight management, pre-approved insurance and more; certificate issued upon completion
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
- What’s included: online nutrition course with certification
- Certified at levels 3 by the Association for Nutrition (AfN), the body that sets accreditation standards for UK university nutrition courses and maintains the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists.
- Accredited by the CPD Service
- Tutor support from qualified dietitians registered with HCPC and BDA.
- Includes 24/7 access to HD video tutorials and other learning materials
Food and nutrients
- Proteins and amino acids
- Carbohydrates, simple and complex sugars
- Dietary fat and fatty acids
- Starches and fibre
- Vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Fluid intake including water, caffeine and alcohol
Healthy Eating and Obesity
- The energy balance
- Understanding and accelerating body metabolism
- Children’s diets and the eat well plate
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Different diets: GI, high protein, liquid diets and pH
- Religious diets
- Analysis of food labelling
- Health claims and marketing terminology
Influencing behavioural change
- Psychology of overeating and behavioural change
- The behavioural change cycle
- Tips on influencing change
- Food intake assessments
- Body measurements
Dietetic management of disease
- Disorders of the stomach and colon
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Food allergies and intolerances
*See the course details
Completion of this course does not result in a degree of nutritionist or qualify participants to practice professionally.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 3 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: www.diet-specialist.co.uk/purchase/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=584. Must be 16 or over. Internet connection required. Certificate awarded on completion. Designated tutor available.
About Diet Specialist
Diet Specialist is made up of a team of experienced registered dietitians and nutritionists, many of whom have years of experience working for the NHS. With their accredited nutrition programme, Diet Specialist focuses on helping others learn about nutrition and assists them in setting up their on nutrition businesses. They currently have over 20,000 students from across the UK, US, Europe, Australia and the Middle East.