This Oxford picnic cruise combines Oxford sightseeing with a leisurely picnic and relaxed experience of river life. Your small group cruise through the city past famous landmarks including Christchurch College and Meadows, the University boathouses and regatta course, the Head of the River and Folly Bridge . From the river you take in a side of Oxford’s heritage rarely seen by visitors to the city. Complimented by a delicious picnic hamper.
About This Deal
Choose a lunchtime or sunset picnic cruise starting at the picturesque Folly Restaurant perched beside the River Thames.
The 2.5-hour sightseeing cruise takes you through the famous university city of Oxford and see famous landmarks including Christchurch College and Meadows, the University boathouses and regatta course, the Head of the River and Folly Bridge. From the river you will take in a side of Oxford's heritage rarely seen by visitors to the city. Quaint Osney Island, well-loved allotments and gardens and majestic and ancient Port Meadow are off the tourist trail but represent some of Oxford's most beautiful and intriguing scenery. Port Meadow, a vast area of common land, has remained little changed since prehistoric times and supports plants and bird-life in abundance.
At the top of Port Meadow is Godstow. Godstow was the ultimate destination of Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll when they followed an identical route to this cruise whilst composing 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'. It is also the site of Trout Island, an inspiration for another of Oxfords literary icons, C.S. Lewis, and his stories of the land of Narnia.
Your picnic lunch or dinner is provided by riverside restaurant, The Folly, and typically includes*:
• Potted Salmon, Crème Fraiche and Capers
• Pork Rilettes with Sage and Shallot
• Quinoa, Red Onion and Coriander Salad
• Mini Bread Loaf
• Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Loaf with Rocket and Pesto Dressing
• Chocolate Brownie
• Homemade Ginger Beer
• A Glass of Wine or a Soft Drink Alternative*Please be advised that the menu will vary with seasonal availability.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Picnic lunch or dinner
- Professional skipper
- 2.5-hour river cruise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Oxford River Cruises Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need to Know
Fine Print and Helpful Information
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.