The tour describes the regime in Scotland's only "Convict" prison.
The tour describes how it housed Britain's first "state owned" railway and you will see former carriages and fittings, that were used in the railway.
The tour describes and shows visitors how the famous SAS were used to end a dramatic 4 day siege in 1987.
The tour will walk you through 125 years of turbulent history of Scotland's only high security prison.
The tour will tease all your senses, from the visual, to the audio and olfactory leaving you thinking an inmate might just walk round the next corner.
The tour is now a multi award winning visitor attraction and graded as a 5* attraction by Visit Scotland.
About This Deal
Visit: Peterhead Prison Museum, South Road Admiralty Gateway, Peterhead AB42 2ZX Scotland
Our 5* Multi-Award winning visitor attraction is set within the former HM Convict Prison, Peterhead.
Unique in many ways including being the only "Convict" prison in Scotland [to come here meant you were sentenced to "penal servitude"]; It had the first "state owned" railway in Britain; and it was the only time the Special Air Service were used to end a domestic siege on mainland UK when an officer was held hostage for 4 day's in 1987.
All your senses will be teased as you walk the galleries and halls where you are surrounded by the visual, our award winning audio tour will bring you into moments in time as you listen to former officers tell their stories and your olfactory senses will be in overdrive at key locations on the route.
Walk in the footsteps of former officers and inmates of "Scotland's Toughest Jail" often referred to as "Scotland's Alcatraz".
This is a once in a life time experience and one that will live with you for many year's to come
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Audio set
- Entry/Admission - Peterhead Prison Museum
Peterhead Prison Museum, South Road Admiralty Gateway, Peterhead AB42 2ZX Scotland
2 to 4 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Peterhead Prison Museum in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.