The Lake District is where people go to rejuvenate their senses.
The soaring mountains refresh your mind, the lakes calm your worries, and the quaint houses and little lanes make you yearn for a long-forgotten age.
So on this tour, we take you on a day trip through the best locations of England’s most famous National Park.
You learn the tales from Windermere, the largest lake in England; you admire Wordworth’s cosy Dove Cottage; and you marvel at the medieval architecture of the ancient town of Lancaster.
Join this tour, enjoy the scenery, and let nature help you unwind.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bowness-on-Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere, Lake District, Cumbria, England
Your first stop of the day is at Bowness that sits on the shores of Windermere. You have time here to take a leisurely cruise upon the lake or wander around the town and admire the sublime views of the landscapes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Coniston Water, Coniston England
A scenic lake that’s inspired poets and writers throughout the ages.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hawkshead, Hawkshead, Ambleside, Lake District, Cumbria, England
A beautiful conservation village where you can discover tasty delicacies and cobbled lanes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dove Cottage, Grasmere LA22 9SH England
This little cottage nestled amongst the trees is your new property aspiration.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Lancaster, Lancaster, Lancaster District, Lancashire, England
We then take in spectacular views of Ullswater Lake as we head along country roads to its southern shores and onwards out of the Lake District to Lancaster. It’s a contrast to all the villages you’ve visited, this town boasts majestic medieval architecture and a spectacular castle that dominates the surrounding district.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- You are allowed up to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours from Manchester. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) and a small bag for onboard personal items.
- We regret that we are unable to permit children under 5 years on our tours.
- Please arrive at least 15 mins in advance to check-in.
- Please note that tour timings are for reference only and may vary for operational reasons.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Small Group Tour with maximum 16 people
- Professional Driver Guide
- Transport by top of the range Mercedes mini-coach
- Entry/Admission - Dove Cottage
- Entry/Admission fees
- Meals and refreshments
NCP Car Park Manchester Store Street, Store St, Manchester M1 2WD, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rabbies Trail Burners in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.