Immerse yourself in historic sights and obscure quirks as you solve riddles and progress on your treasure hunt style adventure. Once your tale starts you’ll unravel cryptic clues to unlock the hidden path to a location within walking distance. Decode the clue and search nearby to find the answer. All on your mobile phone.
--"Had a great time on the City of London walk. Visited a few places we didn't know existed and had a very nice lunch at one of the recommended pubs - so nice we took a bit too long and our time wasn't that good! Will definitely try another walk."
--"We had a great time, seeing some interesting hidden gems and generally 'observing' more than you normally do! Never knew there was a Roman Amphitheatre in London!"
--"Really fun day out discovering hidden gems of the city of London. Great clues, lots of fun trying to figure them out. 100% would recommend for anyone who wants to see the lesser known side of London."
About This Deal
A trail through the Square Mile, the original settlement of London formed by the Romans. Gather your team and get exploring; start near St Paul's Cathedral and work your way East.
Discover a Roman Amphitheatre before reaching halfway where you can soak in the atmosphere of a cosy Inn built from...spoilers! Warm up and get refreshed before you head back out to conquer your quest.
Scurry onward through a Victorian market before descending into magical ruins. Complete the trail to uncover another top notch pub where you can kick back and relax.
Distance: 4.7 km
Avg Duration: 2.5 - 3.5 hours
Number of clues: 15
How it works:
Each clue, sent to your mobile phone, leads you to a new location within walking distance. Solve the clue and search for the answer, reply with the correct answer to unlock the next step. Hints are available if you need a helping hand and you can also receive messages if you're lost.
Have a competitive streak? Your progress is timed and ranked on our leader board, time to challenge your friends!
--"As a born and bred Londoner this was a great day out walking well trodden streets but seeing new things."
--"An amazing way to see the hidden treasures of London! "
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a mobile phone, with some data or text messages available.
- You will be sent a trail of clues that guide you around the city and add a playful touch to exploring.
- We will not be there to physically guide you on this trail. If you get lost you can message "Lost" for a detailed route to the next clue. Send "hint" if you think you're in the right location but aren't sure where to find the clue answer!
- You should be comfortable walking ~5km. Please wear appropriate clothing for walking, the weather and the time of year.
- There are 2 optional pub breaks on this trail. Use these to get refreshments or skip if you'd like to carry on. We have no affiliation with these establishments.
- Any further issues please contact us via Facebook messenger.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- A trail of riddles sent to your phone; solve each clue to unlock the path, adventure across the city and discover the hidden sights. Choose either the Telegram App (Recommended) or standard Text Messages (SMS)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase at the pub/bar breaks)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase at the pub/bar breaks)
- Drinks (available to purchase at the pub/bar breaks)
St. Paul's, Cheapside, London EC2V 6AA, UK
12/23/2019 - 5/23/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the TheSecret.city in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.