Spend a day Nessie-hunting, take a cruise on the mysterious Loch Ness, explore the village of Fort Augustus, visit the ruined loch-side Urquhart Castle, admire the Falls of Foyers and wander along Dores Beach on this fantastic one day Loch Ness tour from Inverness!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dochgarroch Locks, Caledonian Canal, Dochgarroch Cottages, Inverness IV3 8JG, UK
Your one day Loch Ness tour from Inverness departs at 08:45 and follows the beautiful Caledonian Canal to the source at Loch Ness. 24 miles long and over 700 feet deep, the loch is the largest by volume in the British Isles and is most famous for its sightings of the Loch Ness Monster, affectionately known as “Nessie”. We spend most of the morning at Loch Ness, allowing you plenty of time to go Nessie-hunting! Our first stop is Dochgarroch, about 7 miles from Inverness, here you will have the option of taking a 5* Loch Ness boat trip with Jacobite Cruises* who have provided Loch Ness cruises for over 40 years.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
We will then visit the 13th century ruins of Urquhart Castle where you will have plenty of time here to explore the ruin, enjoy the visitor centre, and take in the views and atmosphere of Scotland’s most famous loch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Invermoriston Falls, Village Hall Car Park, Invermoriston Scotland
Our Loch Ness tour then continues to Invermoriston, where we will pause to take photos of the bridge and St Columba’s Well – a well that was believed to have poisonous water until it was blessed by St Columba in AD 565, banishing the evil spirits that haunted it. That same year he supposedly had the first documented encounter with the Loch Ness Monster.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fort Augustus Abbey, Fort Augustus Scotland
Afterwards, we journey through to Fort Augustus, the furthermost point of your Loch Ness tour. Fort Augustus is a small town with a population of only 650 people and is a perfect spot to relax and watch boats passing through the Caledonian Canal while you enjoy your lunch!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Falls of Foyers, Foyers IV2 6XU Scotland
After lunch, our Loch Ness tour will begin its journey back to Inverness, stopping at the Falls of Foyers. The majestic 165ft waterfall was a favourite retreat for poet Rabbie Burns, and is truly breath-taking. Enjoy plenty of time here to soak up the atmosphere
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years old.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The castle & cruise currently need to be pre-booked, details will be provided on the ticket.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Digital translations in English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian & Mandarin available on request.
- Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before your tour's departure time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks
- Attraction Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Dochgarroch Locks, Caledonian Canal
- Entry/Admission - Urquhart Castle
Margaret Street, Margaret St, Inverness IV1, UK
8 hours 45 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Timberbush Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.