Arrive at iFLY Manchester and get started by putting on your gear and going through a specialised training session from an expert flight instructor.
You’ll learn how to safely float in an 1000-horsepower vertical wind tunnel that generates a wall-to-wall cushion of air commonly used by professional skydivers without having to jump from a plane. Just about anyone can fly and no experience is necessary.
Once inside the flight chamber, a tunnel operator slowly increases the wind speed until you and your instructor are airborne. Feel the adrenaline rush as you float at wind speeds reaching 130 to 175 mph (209 to 282 kph). The stable wall-to-wall airflow keeps you from falling off the column of air and your instructor is on hand at all times to guide you.
The entire indoor skydiving experience takes about 90 minutes from start to finish. Each session includes up to 13 people, but you fly one-on-one with your instructor twice - the same freefall time as three tandem skydives!
What You'll Get
Feel the thrill of skydiving without jumping out of an airplane. It's true! Head to iFLY Manchester, a premier indoor skydiving facility powered by a state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnel. After a training session, you'll experience free-fall conditions with the help of an instructor. No experience is necessary, and afterwards, you can take home a personalised flight certificate.
You may fly if you:
- Weigh less than 18 stone /114kg (contact iFLY directly if you weigh more than this)
- Are not pregnant
- Have not previously dislocated your shoulder
- Are not under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs
- Are not wearing a hard cast.
It is vital that you arrive for check-in at least 1 hour prior to your booked flight time.
So, if you're booked flight time is 3pm, you should arrive no later than 2pm. This is so that we can conduct the essential safety and instructional briefing and get you geared up, ready for your flight time.
It is therefore advised you arrive early, leaving plenty of time for any unexpected delays, as missed flights cannot be refunded.
Experience is suitable for ages 3 and above
• Manchester, Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Two flights per person, equivalent free-fall time of 3 x 12,000ft skydives
- Full instruction from a certified flight instructor
- Full equipment hire -including flight suit, helmet, and goggles.
- Certificate of flight achievement
- All Fees and Taxes
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the iFLY Indoor Skydiving in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.