Foot Massages in Manchester: Things to know before you go
If it’s your first time kicking back to relax with a foot massage voucher, find your feet with our quick Q&A and discover answers to the most commonly asked questions.
What are the benefits of getting a foot massage?
There are so many benefits to getting a foot massage in Manchester, from the relaxation to those that are beneficial to your health, including:
- Better night’s sleep: Foot massages are great for relieving stress and anxiety, which could be impacting your sleeping pattern.
- Sense of relaxation: Finally let that built-up tension and stress melt away with a foot massage that targets those key pressure points.
- Improve blood circulation: Studies have shown that some foot massages can lower your blood pressure and improve circulation. Book a Thai massage near you to find out what health benefits this treatment can offer.
- Alleviate headaches: Certain types of foot massages, known as reflexology, will focus on key pressure points linked to other parts of the body, which can help relieve headaches and migraines.
- Prevent injuries and/or joint pain: If you’re on your feet all day or take part in regular exercise or sport, some foot massages can actually strengthen the muscles in your feet to prevent injury and pain.
These are just some of the many benefits of a therapeutic foot massage. Although everyone is different and a foot massage may not be the magical cure to whatever ails you, it’s relaxing nonetheless. Plus, you can always take it one step further and give your feet that extra lap of luxury when you indulge on one of our many pedicure deals too.
How long does a foot massage last?
Like any massage treatment, the length of a foot massage depends on the type of treatment and practitioner, but they will generally last between twenty minutes and half an hour.
Once you’ve chosen a fantastic foot massage deal in Manchester, you’ll be able to find out more information about how long the treatment will last from your practitioner.
How should I prepare for a foot massage?
There’s not much preparation needed for a foot massage. We recommend researching the different types of treatments available to ensure you pick one which suits you. You may want to make sure your feet are clean and wear some comfortable shoes on the day. Otherwise, there’s much to do except to get ready for the sense of relaxation and serenity to wash over you.
What are the different types of foot massages?
Depending on the type of treatment you’re after – from complete relaxation to finally relieving those little niggling pains, there’s a variety of foot massages available, including:
- Thai: Thai foot massages apply pressure to specific areas of the feet in order to open up your energy channels and improve circulation, making them a great choice for health benefits.
- Reflexology: Similar to a Thai foot massage, reflexology plays on the reflex points in your foot to release the toxins, relieve headaches and improve your sleep.
- Deep tissue: This is an intense type of foot massage which targets the deep layers of your feet to alleviate sore or injured muscles. It might hurt a little the first time, but the benefits will far outweigh the pain.
- Swedish: Less intense than a deep tissue, Swedish foot massages use longer, slower strokes to gently relax the muscles. Get ready for absolute serenity.
Browse through our foot massage vouchers in Manchester and treat yourself to the ultimate stress-buster. Or, find out more information about the different types of massages with our handy guide.