Sightseeing and tours in Belfast: things to know before you go
From Titanic Belfast to its 19th-century castle, sail into the history of the capital with the best sightseeing and tour deals in Belfast. Before diving in, make doubly sure you’re booking the right trip by checking out these answers to common questions.
What is the best Belfast city sightseeing bus tour?
On top of an open decker bus you’ll get to see the sights at speed – ideal if you want to take everything in in a day. Whizz around the landmarks and take in all the facts of the capital from an expert guide. There are a few options in town, but here are some of the best Belfast city sightseeing bus tours.
- Belfast City Sightseeing hosts some of the city’s most popular tours – whether you fancy a spin around the capital, a trip to Giant’s Causeway or a wander around Game of Thrones filming locations. Jon Snow’s not included, sorry.
- Hop On Hop Off City tours are top-rated by our happy customers. This bus tour will whisk you around famous landmarks, with a dose of fun commentary to keep you entertained as well as informed. Bring a hat – unless you don’t mind a windswept look on the top deck.
- City Tours Belfast is a top-rated tours company with an open deck bus offering spectacular views of the city. Expect some folk singing on board to add to the atmosphere.
What are the best Belfast tours?
The capital is brimming with choice when it comes to finding the best sightseeing and tours in Belfast. From tasty food and drink tours, to Game of Thrones exhibitions and historical landmarks, the best one depends on your interests. You can also see the Giant’s Causeway along with Belfast’s picturesque countryside, or tour a brewery for a good old knees up with the locals.
What are the best Belfast sightseeing day tours?
There’s a lot to see and do in Belfast – far too much to squeeze into one day. However, if that’s all you’ve got, then our pick of the best sightseeing day tours will make sure you can at least take in the main attractions.
- Segwani. Rest your feet and opt for a fun way to see the sights and countryside on a Segway tour. Enjoy a Titanic guided tour or strap your helmet on tightly if you fancy an adrenalin rush with their off-road experience for a great day out.
- Taste and Tour. If you’re a food lover, then a one-hour food-filled guided tour will get your taste buds dancing. Choose from a multi-award-winning food tour or enjoy Belfast’s finest gin, a brewery tour and other such delights.
- Game of Thrones Tour. You can’t discuss a Belfast tour without mentioning Game of Thrones. Die-hard fans can enjoy a touring exhibition of costumes, props and decorations. It’s like you’re at the centre of the seven kingdoms – but beware of spoilers.
What are the best city tours in Belfast?
While there are many Belfast bus tours to choose from, you can also explore the city on foot. These are some of the best city tours that might take your fancy:
- Treasure Trails is one of the city’s most fun family tours. Enjoy a self-guided murder mystery tour in Belfast city centre and learn more about the capital by following intriguing trails and hints.
- Belfast City Hall Tours is a free tour of Belfast’s Baroque Revival City Hall. It’s hosted by a tour guide on a daily basis, so you can dip in and out whenever you please.
- Titanic Discovery Tour is a tribute to the legendary ship’s story, with a guided walk inside the Titanic Belfast Building. Learn more about the story behind the ship – aside from what we know from Leo and Kate’s portrayal on the silver screen.