In a Nutshell
This low-maintenance and slow growing evergreen shrub can be an ideal planting option for lifting shady areas of the garden
- Low maintenance, evergreen shrub for acidic soil or patio containers
- Slow-growing, compact shrub producing masses of striking scarlet blooms through March and April
- Outside of flowering, this hardy azalea plant makes a structural foliage plant, adding contrast and shape on the patio or in acid borders
- Ideal planting option for lifting shady areas of the garden
- Height: 120cm (48”)
- Spread: 90cm (36”)
- Position: in a full sun or semi shade
- Grow in moist, well-drained, acid soil that has been enriched with plenty of well-rotted organic matter
- Choose a position in semi or dappled shade with shelter from cold drying winds
- Many azaleas can cope with a sunny position provided that the soil remains reliably moist
- Where soil conditions are alkaline, azalea plants are best grown in patio containers, using a mix of ericaceous compost and a soil-based compost, such as John Innes No. 3
- Azaleas are surface rooting so it is important to avoid planting them too deeply
Images shown are for guidance only of the expected results from plants upon maturity. Different growing conditions may vary results.
Customers should check whether plants are suitable for their homes and gardens before purchasing.
See here for care recommendations for garden products.
The Fine Print
Delivery: £1.99 (not included). Allow 7 working days (Monday to Friday).
Your order: At checkout you will be prompted to enter a delivery address. Delivery address cannot be amended after order is placed.
Returns and queries: Products sold by Groupon Goods Global GmbH. For this deal the Terms of Sale and the Returns Policy of Groupon Goods Global GmbH are applicable. For more on Groupon Goods Global GmbH, see the FAQ.