This small-group Guided Day Trip from York provides the opportunity to explore the scenic and picturesque North York Moors National Park, enjoy more than two hours in the seaside town of Whitby and take a Steam Train ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway! You will also experience the traditional English moorland villages of Hutton-le-Hole and Goathland (Heartbeat and Harry Potter filming location) and travel back to York through the Howardian Hills, passing by Castle Howard. In Whitby, you will be able to see Whitby Abbey (inspiration for the Dracula books), visit the Captain Cook Attractions, shop for some Whitby Jet or Gothic Fashion, sample Fish & Chips from the famous Magpie Café or just enjoy the bustling port and waterfront – the choice is yours! Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group mini-coach tour, limited to 16 people.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hutton le Hole, Hutton le Hole, North York Moors National Park, North Yorkshire, England
You will head off into the Vale of York, learning about life in Yorkshire as you pass through the villages of Strensall, Sheriff Hutton and Hovingham. The first stop is in the traditional National Park village of Hutton-le-Hole, where you can wander amongst the traditional stone-built houses and sheep roaming on the village common land, or just have a leisurely Yorkshire Brew in one of the cafes – the choice is yours!
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: North York Moors National Park, North York Moors National Park, North Yorkshire, England
We head off up over the North York Moors for some photo stops, passing the 16th century Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge (the highest point on the Moors) and Ralph’s Cross, then through the quaint and picturesque Yorkshire villages that lead down into Whitby. As you arrive in Whitby, you will hear stories about the seaside town’s history and your guide will tell you about the main places of interest that you may want to visit.
Stop At: Whitby Harbour, Endeavour Wharf, Whitby YO21 1DN England
You will have two and a half hours free time in Whitby (two hours if taking steam train option), with options to visit Whitby’s newest attraction, The Endeavour Experience (one of only two full-size replicas of the HM Bark Endeavour in existence), the Captain Cook Museum, take the Bark Endeavour scale replica boat trip around the harbour, view Whitby Abbey (inspiration for the Dracula Books) or just explore the shops and market of the seaside town and experience Fish & Chips from the famous Magpie Café – the choice is yours!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: North Yorkshire Moors Railway, 12 Park Street Pickering Station, Pickering YO18 7AJ England
If you prefer to spend a little less time in Whitby and take the opportunity of travelling by steam train on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway at our special discounted rate, you have the option of boarding the 2.00pm train from Whitby for the 45-minute moorland rail journey through Grosmont to Goathland (Hogsmeade Station in the Harry Potter movies), where you will re-join the Minicoach. This option is paid locally on the day with no need to book ahead.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Goathland Station, Yo22 5nf, Goathland, North York Moors National Park England
We reach Goathland Station in time to see the other passengers arrive by steam train, then learn about “Hogsmeade”, before exploring the picture postcard fictional village of “Aidensfield” in the Heartbeat television series and maybe grab an ice cream from the village store.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Hole of Horcum, North York Moors National Park England
We leave Goathland and have a couple more photo stops as you learn the history behind the mysterious RAF Fylingdales Pyramid on Snod Hill and the Hole of Horcum.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Castle Howard, York YO60 7DA England
We head back towards York through the Howardian Hills with panoramic views of Castle Howard.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted, by prior arrangement only, on the strict condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them and purchases a ticket for the child
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Service animals are allowed by prior arrangement only
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our tours are COVID-secure, in accordance with the "We're Good to Go" Industry Standard.
- Relaxed and friendly small-group tour
- Comfortable 16-Seat Mini-coaches with Air-con & WIFI
- Driver/guide, who provides live commentary
- Regular photo, refreshment, and restroom stops
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located meeting point near York Minster
- Entrance fees to optional attractions, including Yorkshire Steam Railway option
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - North Yorkshire Moors Railway
Duncombe Place, Duncombe Pl, York YO1, UK
8 hours 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the BOBH - Day Tours of Yorkshire in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.