Experience the most haunted section of Edinburgh’s legendary Underground City with this award-winning guided walking tour. Known as 'Damnation Alley' and forgotten for centuries, these tunnels were once 'home' to men, women and children living in utter misery.
Experience Edinburgh's dark past as you listen to stories about what really happened beneath the city's streets and what might have stayed behind ...
• 80 minute walking tour exploring Edinburgh's underground city, led by a local expert guide.
• Choice of day or night time tour.
During very busy times of the year tours are marked SOLD OUT when places are still available, in order to avoid over-booking. Contact us if the tour you want is marked SOLD OUT in case places are available.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City of the Dead Tours, Edinburgh Scotland
This tour ventures into the most haunted section of Edinburgh’s legendary Underground City, where a population once lived in utter misery. Black as Satan’s jammies, with a fascinating history to match, these vaults were forgotten for centuries and only recently unsealed.
This part of the South Bridge Vaults is known as Damnation Alley. With good reason. These dark tunnels and are stalked by a malevolent presence known as the South Bridge Entity.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age: Minimum 12
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Language: English only
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Local, expert guide
- Entry/Admission - City of the Dead Tours
- Transportation to/from attractions
St Giles' Cathedral, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RE, UK
1 hour 20 minutes
Niddry Street South, Niddry St S, Edinburgh, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City of the Dead Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.