For a truly personal touring experience, join York's premium day trip - with hotel pick up and drop off included and the smallest group size available in York: just 5 per group in April & May and 7 per group from June - October). The intimate group size lets you get to know your local guide, a Yorkshire native born and bred in the area, and your fellow travellers. Explore the stunning North York Moors by road and steam train, following the back roads and farm lanes through the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, enjoying photo stops and chance to jump out and enjoy the peaceful setting of the Moors. You'll visit the fabulous seaside town of Whitby, famous for its association with Captain James Cook and featured in Bram Stoker's Dracula, before boarding a steam train for a journey across the majestic North York Moors. You'll see the best of the Moors, spend time by the seaside and visit the charming railway station made famous as 'Hogsmeade Station' in the Harry Potter films.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hutton le Hole, Hutton le Hole, North York Moors National Park, North Yorkshire, England
Our first brief stop of the day is here in the village of Hutton-le-Hole, where you'll have chance to enjoy a stroll through across the village green and the opportunity to have tea/coffee in a local tearoom (own expense).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Scenic drive with photo stops and opportunity to get out and enjoy the views and scenery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Whitby Harbour, Endeavour Wharf, Whitby YO21 1DN England
2 hours at leisure in the fishing town of Whitby - chance to enjoy lunch and to discover the many attractions in Whitby.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Goathland Station, Cow Wath Bank, Goathland, North York Moors National Park YO22 5NF England
Visit the station which featured as Hogsmeade Station in the Harry Potter films.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: North Yorkshire Moors Railway (Pickering, Station), Pickering Station, Pickering YO18 7AJ, UK
Journey from Goathland to Pickering on the heritage steam railway.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Helmsley, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, England
The charming, picturesque market town of Helmsley is the first stopping point on the tour, where you'll have time to explore the quaint streets and have the opportunity to enjoy tea or coffee in a local cafe or tearoom.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Limited Group Size - minimize your exposure to Covid on this tour which is limited to just 5 people per group/vehicle.
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by climate-controlled minivan
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
- Personal Experience - maximum of 7 people per group (just 5 per group in April & May)
- Steam Train Ticket for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Local Guide - born and raised in the area
- Entrance fees to optional attractions in Whitby and Helmsley
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - North Yorkshire Moors Railway (Pickering, Station)
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups are at 8:30am. Please be ready in reception at least 15 minutes before the tour start time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Grand Yorkshire Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.