Explore the stunning North York Moors by road and steam train on this wonderful small-group day trip from York. You'll follow the back roads and farm lanes through the beautiful Yorkshire countryside and the North York Moors National Park, enjoying photo stops and chance to walk among the nature in the Moors. You'll visit the fabulous seaside town of Whitby, famous for its association with Captain James Cook and featured in Bram Stoker's Dracula, before boarding a steam train for a journey across the majestic North York Moors. You'll see the best of the Moors, spend time by the seaside and visit the charming railway station made famous as 'Hogsmeade Station' in the Harry Potter films.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Helmsley, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, England
The charming, picturesque market town of Helmsley is the first stopping point on the tour, where you'll have time to explore the quaint streets and have the opportunity to enjoy tea or coffee in a local cafe or tearoom.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Scenic drive with photo stops and opportunity to get out and enjoy the views and scenery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Whitby Harbour, Endeavour Wharf, Whitby YO21 1DN England
2 hours at leisure in the fishing town of Whitby - chance to enjoy lunch and to discover the many attractions in Whitby.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Goathland Station, Yo22 5nf, Goathland, North York Moors National Park England
Visit the station which featured as Hogsmeade Station in the Harry Potter films.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: North Yorkshire Moors Railway (Pickering), 12 Park St, Pickering YO18 7AJ, UK
Journey from Goathland to Pickering on the heritage steam railway.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We guarantee you the chance to ride across the moors by steam train, or we will pay for your ticket. If necessary, we will adjust the order of the day's itinerary to ensure we can ride on a steam train. On the incredibly rare occasions that we are not able to travel by steam train (due to a breakdown) the rail journey may be operated by a heritage diesel train. If this happens, we will pay for your train ticket!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by climate-controlled minivan
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Entrance fees to optional attractions in Whitby and Helmsley
- Ticket for the steam train journey - your guide will organise tickets for the steam train and take payment (£10 - £12) during the tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - North Yorkshire Moors Railway (Pickering)
York YO1 7EF, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Grand Yorkshire Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.