Avoid London's heavy traffic and save time and costs. I will collect you by car at Bromley South station, which is less than 20 minutes’ direct train ride from London Victoria, covered by zone 5 Oystercards or Travelcards.
Enjoy the scenic English countryside for about 50 minutes before arriving at the first house.
- Go off-the-beaten-track.
- Step into medieval England within just a few minutes!
- Follow the footsteps of medieval knights.
- Explore some stunning gardens with English tea!
- Private tour: Only you & your guide.
Example: Guest testimonial. - “…I took a second tour with John and we visited Ightham Mote and Penshurst Place. Ightham Mote is a home built in the thirteenth century with a moat, lake, and gardens... Afterwards, we visited Penshurst Place which is a much larger home. It has very extensive and beautiful gardens which were just coming into bloom when I was there. I enjoyed my visit there as well.”
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ightham Mote, Mote Road Ivy Hatch, Ightham, Sevenoaks TN15 0NT England
Described by David Starkey, (Britain’s leading historian), as “One of the most beautiful and interesting of English country houses.”
Almost 700 years old, walk through this house which has been owned by Medieval knights, courtiers to Henry VIII and wealthy Victorians. This precious building, now owned by The National Trust, has a moat, a pretty courtyard, an historic Great Hall, a crypt, a Tudor painted ceiling and even a Grade I listed dog kennel!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Penshurst Place & Gardens, Penshurst Road, Penshurst TN11 8DB England
A wonderful, remote, film location for 'Mary Queen of Scots', 'The Other Boleyn Girl', ‘Wolf Hall’ and more.
Once Henry VIII’s hunting lodge, it boasts of one England’s most valuable treasures, Medieval Baron’s Hall, enabling you to step into the 1300’s! This historic house, still owned by the Sidney family, proves that not all artefacts are in London. It showcases some of England’s most valuable paintings and furniture.
N.B. Penshurst Place is open from end March to end October only. If you're planning your visit outside of these months, ask me to make alternative recommendations for you. An example is Bodium Castle - A ruined medieval castle in East Sussex full of splendour, including spiral staircases, battlements and a portcullis. It’s most definitely for adults too. As the National Trust shares - “This is a place where you can relive your childhood memories and let your imagination run riot.”
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel - Return journey to the castle from Bromley South Station
- No tour fee for kids 10 years and under. (Must be accompanied by a relative 21+ years old).
- Entry/Admission - Ightham Mote
- Entry/Admission - Penshurst Place & Gardens
- Audio guides
- Hotel pick-up
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the John Coupland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.