I feel it is important for guests visiting the Highlands to eat the best of what the region has to offer, incorporated into traditional recipes, and I can guarantee a thoroughly Highland experience. The Cleikum Social Eating Club has been modelled on the Cleikum referred to in Sir Walter Scott’s “St. Ronan’s Well”, and who did more than the latter to introduce the Highlands for romantic destination travel?
I was born and brought up in Inverness, and am enthusiastic about the visiting potential of this area, and know it well.
I was a hostess/guide in the observation car of the Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh during the summer season when I was at University. I provided a running commentary during the journey, and helped travellers with suggestions on where to eat on arrival, what they should see in the area, and information on the Isle of Skye.
About This Deal
Taste your way around the Highlands, enjoying food that is good for you, good for those who grow or rear it, and good for the planet. I aim to safeguard "forgotten foods", the recipes you only find in real family cookbooks.
The first thing to remember is that I'm not about "putting dots" on plates, I'm about real home cooking, typical food that is strongly characterised by local culture and history. The food that families cooked for generations, that tell stories and represent the true culture of a place.
• Partan Bree - A rich, creamy crab soup: Partan means crab, and bree means liquid.
• Cranachan - “The uncontested King of Scottish Desserts”: cream and seasonal raspberries, Scottish honey, oatmeal and Whisky.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Private transportation
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Karen Jane Recupero in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.