Hairdressers in Edinburgh: things to know before you go
Redefine your look with a new cut, colour or styling at our recommended hairdressers. We’ve answered the most frequently asked questions here.
Where is the best place for a haircut in Edinburgh?
There are great hairdressers across Edinburgh – from the city centre to historic Leith Port and the suburbs beyond. Here are some of our top-rated picks among our customers:
- Hair by Lynda Miller. With more than 20 years’ experience, Lynda Miller is a household name in Leith, offering stylish cuts, blow dries and more for men and women.
- Atelier Twenty Three. This contemporary salon is well-versed in statement haircuts and stylish hairdos when you want something fresh and exciting.
- Cabell Hair Company. Located in Energise Gym, this super-sleek salon specialises in cuts, colours and treatments for all hair types.
Where is the best place for hair colouring in Edinburgh?
Here are some of the most highly-rated hairdressers in Edinburgh for:
- Colour treatment. Whether you’re going dark or reaching for the bleach, Broughton Place Hair & Beauty is an elegant salon in the city centre which will help you get the colour just right.
- Highlights. Hair by Lynda Miller is a well-known spot on the outskirts of Edinburgh where you can get beautifully natural highlights in your hair. So you can look like you’ve just spent two weeks on a tropical beach, even when it’s snowing.
Hairdressers in Edinburgh are ready for any challenge when it comes to hair colour and highlights. Only 2% of the world’s population has red hair, but according to the BBC, Scotland is 13% redhead. This fiery colour holds onto pigment tighter making red hair more difficult to colour than other shades. But if you’re fancying a change, Edinburgh’s best hairdressers are ready for the task.
Where is the best place for bridal hair styling in Edinburgh?
Whether you’re getting married at Edinburgh Castle or having a ceremony at the zoo, these are the best salons for bridal hair styling in the city:
- Mode Salon, just down from the Royal Mile, offers pamper packages including hair styling, microdermabrasion, massages and waxing for brides-to-be.
- Emma Wallace Hair Studio offers expert stylists and planning, to make sure you find you’re totally happy with your look, to put your mind at rest ahead of the big day.
- She Hair and Beauty offers beautiful bridal hair styling and elegant wedding make-up to match. It’s conveniently located close to Edinburgh Zoo, for those wilder weddings.
Some bridal stylists offer to come out as mobile hairdressers to make sure your day is smooth and stress-free.
What hair treatments are on offer in Edinburgh?
With our amazing deals on hairdressers in Edinburgh, you can treat your locks to all these treatments and more:
- Deep conditioning treatments
- Hair colouring
- Hair extensions
- Semi-permanent and permanent straightening
- Hair removal treatment
Why stop there? Extend your salon session with deals on nail salon treatments in Edinburgh or unwind with a relaxing massage.