Photography in Glasgow: things to know before you go
We take a look at the latest questions being asked about photography in Glasgow and provide the answers to them all – snappy!
How do I prepare for a newborn photo session?
A professional shoot with your newborn can be one of the happiest occasions ever, but there are a few things to consider before taking your tiny little one off to a professional studio for a newborn photography session. Here’s what to think about:
- Do your research. These photos will bring back precious memories, so you'll want them to be perfect. Ask friends with babies if they can recommend a good baby photography studio in Glasgow that they've used and search online for inspiration too.
- Plan the time well. Try to book the session for after naptime, so that your baby is full, well rested and happy. You'll struggle to get the photos you're hoping for if your little one's tired or hungry.
- Bring a favourite toy. Take along a few familiar things such as rattles and soft toys to draw out those gorgeous little smiles for the camera. The studio is likely to have a selection, but a favourite toy from home may be the one to do the trick.
What should I bring to a family photo shoot?
Family members, for a start! But here’s a few other things to think about.
- Choose outfits carefully. Make sure beforehand that colours or patterns don’t clash. Solid colours work well together for best effect, and a pop of bright colour always helps.
- Tidy appearances. Fit in haircuts, shaves, manicure treatments and the rest the week before the session so that everyone has a chance to look their best for the photo shoot.
- Careful timing. If there are toddlers and babies in your family group, then try to choose a time that suits them best. And make sure everyone has eaten so you can keep the mood upbeat.
Which are the best value photography studios in Glasgow?
The busy city of Glasgow is home to lots of photography studios specialising in different aspects, from portraits to commercial to family and newborn photography. Here’s a few to look out for:
- Studio Rooms offer newborn and bump to baby packages to capture those unique moments.
- Studio Snap can manage a group of up to 20 people at their premises in a two-hour photo shoot.
- Glasgow Family Photography helps to create magical memories, offering special themed kids photo shoots for groups of up to six people.
How long does a family photo shoot take?
The length of a professional photography session in Glasgow can vary depending on who's being photographed. Generally, the average session will take from 45 minutes to an hour, which should allow the photographer enough time to take lots of fabulous photos. If you’ve brought a large group, you may want to consider a longer slot to ensure that everyone goes home happy.