Tickets and Events in Manchester: Things to know before you go
Even putting aside Manchester’s great food scene, awesome bars, brilliant kids’ activities and excellent galleries and museums, there’s so much more to do in the city. We’ve answered these common questions about tickets and events in Manchester to help get you started.
What are some tickets and events in Manchester with kids?
In Manchester, there are tons of activities for kids of all ages (and their big kid parents too!).
- The circus regularly passes through Manchester and it’s not to be missed. With daring feats, big laughs, and acts that we’d bet your kids haven’t seen before, it’s a great family activity.
- Manchester is home to an endless stream of events for parents who still enjoy a good boogie and won’t let parenthood put a stop to that. Raver Tots let parents and kids throw shapes to the backdrop of sets by DJs like Artful Dodger, Brandon Block, Slipmatt and Nicky Blackmarket, all while covered in UV paint.
- Some events are harder to categorise than others, like the Geronimo Festival at Arley Hall. It brings together everything from Cbeebies stars to BMX stunts, so it ticks a box for every different family member, no matter their age.
What are some events in Manchester you can go to at night?
Manchester has something for everyone, whether your passion is music, comedy or quizzing.
- There are concerts in Manchester covering everything from Chopin to UB40, so music fans are in for a treat, regardless of taste.
- Manchester is home to brilliant comedy clubs, like the Comedy Store, famed for producing some of the UK’s best-loved comics. See a comic on a tour or opt for a comedy night to see established and new stars alike take to the mic.
What sort of festivals and events do you find in Manchester?
There are so many different Manchester events and festivals near you that it can be a chore trying to discover the best one for you. The city is the epicentre of big events in the north of England. Here are some of the best:
- Chorley Flower Show in Astley Park is a great place to see beautiful plants and get lost amongst the flowers.
- For food lovers there’s the big annual Manchester food festival, the Great British Food Festival and smaller events like quirky brunches and sushi-making activities.
- Or how about a celebration of yoga? The OM Yoga Show brings expert yogis to the city to help you perfect your practice.
- If wellness isn’t your thing, there are plenty of drinks festivals too. Everything from beer to rum (and reggae!) to gin has its moment in the spotlight in Manchester.
What sort of sporting events in Manchester are there to see?
Manchester is world famous for its football. Between Manchester United and Manchester City, it’s home to two of English football’s most successful teams of all time, with both sets of fans as passionate as the other.
The city also hosts teams and events in sports including swimming, rowing, rugby league, speedway racing, cricket, roller derby, speedway racing and snooker. It’s a sports mecca and the city has a long-standing love affair with all things competitive.
If you fancy a different sort of sport, why not try your luck with the greyhound racing, or get wrapped up in the thrills and spills of wrestling?