From Our Editors
With a history dating back as far as 1882, the Minehead and West Somerset Golf Club course has gone through several incarnations, reaching 18 holes in 1901 and eventually receiving electricity in the club house in 1959. Battling against the close-by sea, today the course is set over 6,264 yards of undulating links with a hint of parkland features, including natural and man-made hazards, and has a par of 72. The club welcomes visitors to sample the course and their clubhouse with its restaurant and bar serving bar snacks and more hearty meals. The facilities are available for hire and an on-site pro shop is stocked with accessories, clothing, equipment and friendly and knowledgeable staff.