What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- £10 for a daytime city tour for two (38% off)
£19 for a daytime city tour for four (41% off)
- Spooky, supernatural and sinister goings on are covered in this daytime tour of Canterbury’s past
- The guide John Hippisley leads the walking tour through the city centre, incorporating a blend of history, humour and haunting stories
- The tour lets visitors learn about the notorious Canterbury Highwayman who cut off his own ear to escape his captors
- Participants can also help to recreate the violent death of Archbishop Thomas Beckett
- Meeting point: The Old Buttermarket, Canterbury
- Available from Monday to Friday at 10 a.m. or 3 p.m.
The Fine Print
Expires 4 months after purchase (excl. bank holidays). Booking required by phone on Call 08455190267; provide Groupon codes. Present printed Groupon on arrival. Limit 1 per 2 or 4 people. May buy 3 additional as gifts. No cancellation permitted once booking is confirmed. The daytime tours run at 10am or 3pm from the Buttermarket pub on Mondays to Fridays. Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult. Must be minimum of 5 people per tour for it to take place. Weather restrictions apply. Must wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Valid on option purchased only. Based on the highest priced option. Verified using our merchant's website on 3 Mar 2016.
About Horridly Historic Tours
The Horridly Historic Tours started out as one man's intrigue in the supernatural and flair for the dramatic. First conducted in 1995 and based on the stories and folk tales passed down through generations, the tour is always developing as new stories and discoveries are added. The Canterbury Ghost Tour has been admitted to TripAdvisor's Hall of Fame after receiving it's Certificate of Excellence every year since 2010.