The George in Rye offers four-star boutique accommodation in the bustling town of Rye, a popular tourist destination thanks to its seaside location.
Bedrooms are individually decorated with their own colour schemes and bespoke furniture and feature marble-topped baths, chrome power showers and LCD TVs.
The restaurant menu is populated by Mediterranean-inspired cuisine, with freshly caught seafood heavily featured among the dishes which change with the seasons.
- Wood roast giant gambas with chilli, garlic and fennel seeds, served with dressed salad leaves
- Wood roast lobster with chilli, garlic and fennel seeds, served with dressed salad leaves
- Warm lobster salad with tomato, pancetta, mayonnaise and leaves
- Potted salt beef brisket with mustard piccalilli and sourdough toast
- Seabass ceviche with lime, pisco brandy, pickled jalapeno and coriander
- Heirloom tomato salad with pangritata, caper and shallot dressing
- Roast whole seabass with crushed new potatoes with crab, chives, and saffron bisque
- Roast lamb rump with rosemary potatoes, beetroot and herb dressing
- Courgette arancini with radish, kale, cherry tomatoes, and salsa verde
- Surf and turf: half wood roast lobster and a 10oz Rib Eye steak
- Rhubarb custard fool with almond crumble
- Elderflower panna cotta with fresh peach and strawberry sauce
- The George sundae with local strawberries, white chocolate ice cream, strawberry ice cream, clotted cream, strawberry jelly, and mint
Groupon’s Guide To East Sussex
Bordered by Kent county to the east and Surrey to the north-west, East Sussex is part of the historic county of Sussex, which has its roots in the ancient kingdom of the South Saxons.
Often known for its landscaped grounds and nature trails, the region is home of the Seven Sisters, a series of chalk cliffs, part of the Seven Sisters Country Park, between the towns of Seaford and Eastbourne. Another well-known attraction is the Royal Pavilion, an 18th-century royal palace built for King George IV, while holidaymakers may also take a trip to Old Town Hastings, a traditional British town where plenty of antique shops and unusual old buildings may be explored. Located in the seaside town of Eastbourne, East Sussex Falconry offers plenty of bird watching opportunities, from the known eagle or hawk to the more exotic white-faced owl.