Nestled in 4 acres of a clifftop garden overlooking the blue waters of Sandown Bay, the Luccombe Hall Hotel entices holidaymakers with direct access to the sandy beaches below and numerous leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna and hot tub. Guests can take advantage of scenic walking and cycling routes in the area or head to the charming Shanklin Old Village nearby.
The hotel offers accommodation in en suite rooms which are kitted out with flat-screen TVs, hot drink-making facilities and private bathrooms.
Local specialities are served at the on-site restaurant, while al fresco dining can be enjoyed in the tea garden boasting scenic coastal views. The hotel’s bar tempts with an extensive range of beverages.
- Homemade soup of the day
- House chicken liver pate served with a side salad, real ale chutney and melba toast
- Smoked mackerel and horseradish mousse served with a salad garnish
- Deep-fried brie wedges served on a bed of leaves with cranberry dip
- Tomato, onion and mozzarella bruschetta with a balsamic and olive oil drizzle
- Grilled field mushroom topped with melted Stilton and pine nuts
- Melon, kiwi and black grape cocktail
- Beef bourguignon served with a creamy chive mashed potato and seasonal vegetables
- Cordon bleu pork loin schnitzel stuffed with ham and cheese, bread-crumbed and shallow fried, served with sauté potatoes, Diane sauce and a side salad
- Chicken a la king: chunks of chicken breast with peppers, mushrooms and red onions in a Sherry and cream sauce, served with rice and a green salad
- Homemade beef lasagne served with garlic bread and a seasonal salad
- Crispy Cajun chicken served on a bed of stir-fried noodles with Cajun vegetables
- Pan-fried salmon fillet served with lemon-infused rice, seasonal vegetables and a cream, prawn and tarragon sauce
- Beer-battered haddock served with chunky chips and tartare sauce
- Grilled fillet of plaice served with a tomato and caper sauce, herb-crushed new potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Butternut squash and fruit curry served with rice, mango chutney and poppadom
- Linguini with broccoli and cauliflower in a four cheese sauce, topped with a roundel of grilled goats cheese, served with a side salad with Italian dressing
- Dutch apple crumble served with custard
- Chocolate and coffee mousse topped with a stick of dark chocolate
- Sticky toffee pudding served with cream
- Mango and coconut crème brulee served with a tuille biscuit
- Bread and butter pudding served with custard
- Caramelised fresh fruit salad with a fruit coulis drizzle
- Selection of cheese with cheese biscuits and real ale chutney
- Selection of ice cream
Groupon’s Guide To The Isle of Wight
Isle of Wight is one of the UK’s favourite holiday destinations, beckoning with its coastal cliffs, quaint villages, unspoilt countryside surroundings, and family-friendly attractions.
On the Isle of Wight, visitors have the opportunity to admire many villages displaying ancient architecture and thatched roof cottages, and enjoy outdoor activities such as tree climbing or karting. Animal lovers may go the Monkey Haven or to The Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary, while history enthusiasts may pay a visit to the Carisbrooke Castle or to the Osborne House, which was once a royal residence.