Pairs can learn more about the architecture and history of Downside Abbey and Library, or opt to include a book featuring 240 illustrations
What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- £10 for a two-hour guided tour of Downside Abbey and Library with a cup of tea or coffee for two (50% off)
- £20 for a two-hour guided tour of Downside Abbey and Library with a cup of tea or coffee for four (50% off)
- £20 for a two-hour guided tour of Downside Abbey and Library with a cup of tea or coffee each and one hardback book (50% off)
£80 for a two-hour guided tour of Downside Abbey and Library with a cup of tea or coffee each and two hardback books
- Hardback book includes 240 illustrations celebrating the architecture and history of Downside Abbey
- Tours start on Mondays at 1.00 p.m. and Tuesdays at 9.45 a.m.
- Tours will start from the Abbey Visitor Centre
The Fine Print
Expires 90 days after purchase. Limit 1 per 2 or 4 people, may buy 24 additional as gifts. Mandatory booking required. Check availability here and book here. Present printed Groupon on arrival. No cancellations once booked. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Under 16s are not permitted in Library. Limited step-free access, please contact the venue directly before purchase to discuss. *Discount applies to selected options only. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour. Valid on option purchased only.
About Downside Abbey
Located in Stratton-on-the-Fosse, the 17th-century Downside Abbey is a Grade I-listed Roman Catholic monastery and home to a community of Benedictine monks. One of only four minor basilicas in England, the abbey offers guided tours for up to 50 people, striving to preserve the rich cultural background and centuries of history it has witnessed. Visitors can learn about the monastery's link to World War I and World War II, how St Oliver Plunkett came to be at Downside, and who made Downside what it is today.