Up to a family of four rail enthusiasts can enjoy a journey through the North Yorkshire countryside on board a steam train
About This Deal
- What’s included: steam train tickets for up to a family of four
- Departure locations: Embsay, BD23 6QQ | Bolton Abbey, BD23 6AF
- Family ticket: two adults and one or two children
- Children: ages three to 15
- Children under 3 enter free of charge
- No walk-ins accepted; must book online
Take a Ride behind one of our vintage steam locomotives for a special journey back in time. Breathe in the evocative smells of a real steam railway, while your eyes and ears thrill to the puffing and hissing of the steam engine. Settle back in beautifully restored Victorian and Edwardian carriages and enjoy a unique view of some of Yorkshire’s finest countryside or hop off at Holywell Halt and just watch the trains go by!
About Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway
The Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway is a heritage railway which operates thanks to numerous volunteers interested in preserving this piece of history. Built by the Yorkshire Dales Railway Company, it hosts community events for occasions such as Father's Day, Christmas and Halloween, as well as 1940s-themed shows. The facilities can also play host to private celebrations, including weddings.