Located in the heart of Rovaniemi, a few steps from the waterfront, the Scandic Pohjanhovi offers warm hospitality in the heart of chilly Lapland. Guests can unwind in a sauna, workout at the gym or take a dip in the indoor pool.
The rooms come in an elegant, homely decor with upholstered furniture, large flat-screen TVs and en suite bathrooms, many of them also boast stunning views over the pristine riverine landscape.
The onsite restaurant offers daily buffet breakfasts made with fresh organic produce.
Northern Lights Tour
Venture out of Rovaniemi into the pristine lakeland free of light pollution to hunt for the unforgettable Aurora Borealis. Once there, enjoy a delicious, steaming hot Lappish BBQ meal to a blueberry tea. In case anyone feels the chill, the guide will have extra winter clothes to borrow free of charge. Guests will be picked up at the hotel.
Santa Claus Village Tour
Travel through the countryside to the magical Santa Claus Village and come face to face with the great man himself in the Santa Claus Office. Visit the Main Post Office to send Santa Claus-stamped greetings, cross the Arctic Circle and enjoy the shops, elves’ workshops, snow activities, cafés and more. Enjoy the gift shops and snow activities, and refuel at the restaurants and bars (own expense).
Husky Safari from Rovaniemi Including a Husky Sled Ride
Be enchanted by the spectacular scenery of Lapland on a 20- or 30-minute husky safari from Rovaniemi. Climb aboard a traditional sleigh at a husky farm, after greeting the adorable huskies transporting you through the snow. Set off at an exhilarating pace and admire the frozen wilderness of Lapland, stopping to capture photographs and absorb panoramic vistas along the way. Revitalize with cookies and a hot drink before returning to your hotel after your magical experience.
Groupon’s Guide To Lapland
Finland’s northernmost province, where the mysterious Northern Lights paint the clear Arctic sky, Lapland offers a range of ski resorts and holiday parks, with a variety of activities to choose from such as snowmobiling, husky tours, reindeer rides, cross-country skiing, ice fishing or simply enjoying the fresh northern air.
Rovaniemi, better known as the official residence of Santa Claus and the capital of Finnish Lapland, is home to the Arktikum Museum, a designed glass tunnel featuring two main exhibitions on Sami culture and city history. Children and adults alike will enjoy the Santa Claus village at the foot of Ear Mountain, where they can experience Christmas throughout the year and meet Santa and his little helpers while sipping on some hot cocoa.
Option 1: simple stay, no tours included
- £199-£479 for 2 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £299-£459 for 3 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £419-£649 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 2: 1 tour included (the Northern Light or the Santa Claus Village tour)
- £259-£539 for 2 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £359-£519 for 3 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £479-£709 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 3: 2 tours included (the Northern Light tour and the Santa Claus Village tour)
- £419-£579 for 3 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £539-£769 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £719-£849 for 7 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 4: 3 tours included (the Northern Light tour, the Santa Claus Village tour and the Husky Safari)
- £519-£619 for 3 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £639-£869 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £819-£949 for 7 nights, depending on the departure date chosen