Join us on this monster-sized day tour of Scotland. Hear the legendary stories of the Jacobites and Glencoe, and get a chance to spot the mythical Loch Ness Monster from the castle walls of Urquhart Castle.
An experience packed with history and beauty, this tour is perfect for those travellers that are short on time and want to see as much of Scotland as they can.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Inveruglas, Inveruglas, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
We will leave your accommodation and drive towards the stunning Trossach National Park where we will stop and enjoy the views over the shimmering Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest fresh water loch. You can also gaze upon our most southerly Munroe, Ben Lomond.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Glencoe, Glencoe, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
Crossover the ancient national fault line and travel into the highlands where the landscapes change dramatically. This is where we first catch a glimpse of the Rannoch Moor, which is covered in heather, lochans and peatbogs. You will also enjoy stunning views of the Black Mount and the Buachaille Etive Mor.
We then travel through Scotland’s most famous valley, Glencoe. Feel history come alive when we tell the tales of the massacre of the Macdonald clan, which took place in 1692.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fort Augustus, Fort Augustus, Loch Ness Region, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
We will soon arrive at the highland village called Fort Augustus that sits on the south side of Loch Ness. We will have lunch here and enjoy the views of the famous Loch from a lochside restaurant.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
From here we will take the short journey towards the famous Urquhart Castle that lies on the banks of Loch Ness. This is where you can enjoy the panoramic views of the loch as well as discovering more than 1000 years of history as the castle has been home to some of the most historical chapters of Scotland’s story. Urquhart castle was a government stronghold during the Jacobite risings and finally destroyed when Clan Grant decided to leave the castle for good, stopping the enemy from taking it for themselves.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pitlochry, Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross, Scotland
From Loch Ness, we head south through the mountains of the Cairngorms National Park. You continue south through the forests of Perthshire and make a short refreshment stop at the highland village called Pitlochery. We will then take you to your accommodation.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We are currently working on our Covid 19 health and safety protocol to keep you safe as soon as we can welcome you back in Scotland. We have our "Good to Go" certification and are ready for your visit to our beautiful country.
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Sample a dram of whisky by the banks of Loch Lomond.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Visitor attraction fees.
- Entry/Admission - Urquhart Castle
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up arrangements will be organised with yourself and your guide before the date of your tour .
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alba Experiences in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.