Private group tours up Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest mountain with a fully qualified local mountain guide.
About This Deal
Come join us for a special experience on the UK's highest mountain. Being based in Fort William, The Outdoor Capital of the U.K. at the foot of Ben Nevis, we are available on short notice and have great knowledge of the mountain its self. After we are done scaling the highest Munro, we can stop for a dram of Ben Nevis Whisky to soothe those aching legs.
With a private tour we can accomodate all your needs, from the start time to taking your time, giving you the experiance you are after.
Ben Nevis (Scottish Gaelic: Beinn Nibheis- the venomous mountain) is the highest mountain in the British Isles, The summit, at 1,344 meters (4,409 ft.) above sea level, features the ruins of an observatory, which was continuously staffed between 1883 and 1904. The western and southern flanks of Ben Nevis rise 1,200 meters (3,900 ft.) in about 2 kilometers (1.2 mi) from the floor of Glen Nevis providing the longest and steepest hill slope in Britain (Murray, 1985) – with the result that the mountain presents an aspect of massive bulk on this side. To the north lies the infamous north face, including corrie leis, This corrie contains the Charles Inglis Clark Memorial Hut (known as the CIC Hut), a private mountain hut located at 680 meters (2,230 ft.) above sea level, owned by the Scottish Mountaineering Club(SMC). The summit of Ben Nevis comprises a large stony plateau of about 40 hectares (100 acres) (Encyclopaedia Britannica, 2012). The highest point on the summit is marked with a large concrete Trig point
Fancy something different? Visit the summit of Ben Nevis at sunrise or sunset for some of the most spectacular views in Scotland.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Please adhear to the kit list provided. If dressed inapropriatly the tour may be canceled without refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Professional mountain guide
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Ben Nevis Inn
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Atlas Mountaineering in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.