Enjoy an overnight stay in the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath on this 2 day private tour. Includes a private tour of Bath and a private tour of Stonehenge. Overnight accommodation is included as is your pick-up from Southampton and a private transfer to your next destination on the second day.
• Private tour by a local guide who was born and grew-up in Bath
• Explore 2 famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Stonehenge and Bath
• Benefit from the insider knowledge of a local guide
• Round-trip transfers and personalized service of a private tour
• All costs, except meals and souvenirs, included
About This Deal
Day 1: Southampton to Bath via Stonehenge
Pass By: Southampton, Southampton, Hampshire, England
Your private guide will meet you at your cruise ship/hotel in Southampton and will drive you to Stonehenge - one of Britain's most famous monuments. The journey will take approximately 1 hour.
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
Your guide will take you around the Stonehenge Visitor Centre and the ancient stone circle and will bring the stones to life with interesting stories about its construction and history. Your guide has attended talks by some of the leading archaeologists at Stonehenge and will share with you their latest discoveries.
After exploring Stonehenge you will be driven to the beautiful city of Bath. There will be a stop on route at a historic English pub for lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bath, Bath, Somerset, England
Your guide was born and grew up in Bath giving you the chance to be shown around the city by a local.
You will be taken to your guide's favourite viewpoint over Bath to give you a great perspective of the city. You will then have a private walking tour of Bath where your guide will show you all of the city's famous buildings and landmarks and will tell you interesting stories about these and the city.
At the end of the tour you will be taken to your accommodation in Bath where your evening will be at leisure.
Some of the places visited during your walking tour are listed below.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pulteney Bridge, Bridge St, Bath BA1 1EE England
Built in the 1700s Pulteney Bridge is a famous landmark in Bath. You will discover what makes this bridge so famous.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bath Abbey, Bath BA1 1LT England
You will hear about the fascinating history behind the Bath Abbey.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Thermae Bath Spa, Hetling Pump Room Hot Bath Street Hetling Pump Room, Bath BA1 1SJ England
You will be shown the location of the city's hot springs and Bath's modern spa. Should you wish to visit the Thermae Bath Spa during your stay your guide will give you some useful tips.
Pass By: The Jane Austen Centre, 40 Gay Street, Bath BA1 2NT England
During the tour you will hear about the connection between Bath and a famous English author: Jane Austen. Your guide will point out the Jane Austen Centre which fans of Jane Austen may like to visit during their stay.
Stop At: The Circus, At the Convergence of Brock, Bennett, and Gay Streets, Bath England
You will visit the beautiful Circus which has had a number of interesting residents and has an interesting connection to Stonehenge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Royal Crescent, Royal Cresent, Bath BA1 1EE England
You will also visit the magnificent Royal Crescent.
Duration: 10 minutes
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: One night stay in a small boutique guest-house in the centre of Bath. Breakfast is included.
Day 2: Roman Baths and transfer to your next destination
Stop At: The Roman Baths, Abbey Church Yard, Bath BA1 1LZ England
In the morning your guide will escort you to the Roman Baths museum. The museum contains one of the best-preserved remains of a Roman spa which was built thousands of years ago over the city's hot springs. Today the museum is Bath's most popular attraction.
Guides are not allowed to guide inside the museum so this will be an unaccompanied visit where you will have use of the museum's excellent audio guides.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Bath, Bath, Somerset, England
After visiting the Roman Baths your guide will drive you to your next holiday destination (if you would like more time in Bath before leaving please just let your guide know).
All destinations within 3 hours drive of Bath are included in the price of this tour e.g. London, Heathrow Airport, Southampton, Cotswolds. Please contact Bath Insider Tours for destinations beyond 3 hours.
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- There is luggage space for a maximum of 4 large suitcases and 4 carry-on bags.
- Accommodation facilities: Bath has a number of charming boutique guest-houses. Due to their size these guest-houses do not have the same facilities as large hotels i.e. there is no on-site restaurant for lunch/evening meals, no gym and receptions are not manned 24/7. If these facilities are important to you please state at the time of booking.
- Accommodation stairs: A number of the boutique guest-houses are located in historical buildings which do not have a lift and thus may require a number of steps to reach your room and the breakfast room. If you prefer your room to be located on a lower floor, please request at the time of booking.
- Accommodation rooms: Rooms are based upon the size of your group (1 person: 1 single room, 2 people: 1 double room, 3 people: 1 double room and 1 single room, 4 people: 2 x double rooms). All rooms are en-suite. Please advise at the time of booking if you have any additional room requirements e.g. twin bed format.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Accommodation: If you prefer to make your own accommodation arrangements please notify Bath Insider Tours in advance of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required inside the vehicle when we are driving (disposable masks will be provided if needed). Bath Insider Tours has been awarded the "We're Good to Go" certification by the National Tourism Board of England to recognise it is following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines.
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation in Bath in a boutique guest house
- Private tour with local guide
- All admission prices (Stonehenge, Roman Baths)
- Private transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Cruise ship/hotel pick-up from Southampton
- Private transfer to your next destination (within 3 hours drive of Bath)
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
- Entry/Admission - The Roman Baths
- Meals and refreshments (except breakfast at the hotel)
Traveler pickup is offered
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bath Insider Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.