What You'll Get
Your private guide will collect you from your cruise ship (or hotel) in Southampton in the morning and drive you to Stonehenge, one of Britain's most famous icons. This ancient stone monument dates back to 3,000 BC and has captured people's imagination for hundreds of years. Your guide will accompany you around the stone circle to explain its history and the latest archaeological theories and findings.
After visiting Stonehenge you will continue to the beautiful city of Bath, stopping on route for lunch at a traditional English pub. Your guide was born and grew up in Bath giving you the chance to be shown around the city by a local. Exploring the city on foot you will be shown the city's landmarks such as the Royal Crescent, Bath Abbey and Pulteney Bridge and hear stories about the city's past as well as life today in Bath. You will also have a guided visit inside Bath's most famous tourist attraction, the Roman Baths. Built over the city's hot springs thousands of years ago by the Romans, this was once one of the greatest religious spas of the Ancient World. Today these well-preserved remains are one of the finest examples of a Roman spa.
After your walking tour your guide will take you to your hotel in Bath where you will have the evening at leisure to enjoy Bath and your hotel.
In the morning your guide will collect you from your hotel and transfer you to your next destination (e.g. London, Southampton, Cotswolds).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag.
- Accommodation facilities: Bath has a number of small, delightful boutique guest-houses, often in historical buildings, which add to the experience of staying in the city. Due to their size, these guest-houses do not have the same facilities as hotels i.e. there is no on-site restaurant for lunch/evening meals, no gym and receptions are not manned 24/7. If these facilities are important to you, please request a 3* hotel at the time of booking.
- Accommodation stairs: A number of the boutique guest-houses are located in historical buildings which do not have a lift and thus may require a number of steps to reach your room and the breakfast room. If you prefer your room to be located on a lower floor, please advise us at the time of booking.
- Accommodation rooms: Rooms are based upon the size of your group (1 person: 1 single room, 2 people: 1 double room, 3 people: 1 double room and 1 single room, 4 people: 2 x double rooms). All rooms are en-suite. Please advise at the time of booking if you have any additional room requirements e.g. twin bed format.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Southampton port/hotel pick-up
- Private tour with local guide who was born and grew up in Bath
- Overnight accommodation in a boutique guest house or 3 star hotel in Bath with breakfast
- Transport by private vehicle with air-conditioning
- Private transfer to next destination (within 3 hours drive of Bath)
- Meals and refreshments (except breakfast at the hotel)
We can collect you from the port at Southampton where your cruise ship has docked, or from a hotel in Southampton. Please send details of your cruise/hotel at the time of booking.
On Day 2 we will drive you to your next destination. Drop-off points include: London hotels, London airports, Cotswold hotels, Southampton, Bristol. Please specify at the time of booking your preferred drop-off point along with information on any time restrictions (e.g. flight times, evening appointments). If your destination is not listed above, please contact us. Destinations within a 3 hours drive of Bath are included in the price of the tour.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bath Insider Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.