This Day Trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park, including the West Yorkshire Pennine Village of Haworth (made famous by the Bronte sisters and home to the Bronte Parsonage Museum), Bingley Five Rise Locks (the most spectacular feature of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal), Bolton Abbey (where you will see the stunning setting of the ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Monastery) and the picture-postcard traditional Yorkshire Dales village of Linton with its stone bridges and limestone falls. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group mini-coach tour, limited to 16 people.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Blubberhouses, Blubberhouses, North Yorkshire, England
We head off for Bronte Country, with your Tour Guide telling you about the history and features of the area as you cross Marston Moor, pass through the traditional market town of Wetherby and see the spectacular Arthington Viaduct over the River Wharfe.
Stop At: Bingley Five Rise Locks, Bingley, Bradford England
Our first stop is at the Bingley Five Rise Locks where you will see the highest Staircase Lock in the UK, a spectacular feat of engineering constructed in 1774 as part of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. You can explore and photograph the working locks, or just enjoy a leisurely Yorkshire Brew and soak up the local atmosphere in the nearby cafe – the choice is yours!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Haworth, Haworth, Keighley, West Yorkshire, England
We leave Bingley for the short journey to our main stop at Haworth, on the edge of the rugged Pennine Moors, where the Bronte family lived from 1820 and the sisters wrote their famous novels, for a two-hour stopover lunchtime. You can visit the Bronte Parsonage Museum and the Bronte Memorial Chapel in the nearby Church where their father preached, or just explore the quaint shops on the cobbled main street and have a leisurely lunch in one of the traditional cafes – the choice is yours!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Top Withens, Pennine Way, Keighley England
We leave Haworth and head up Penistone Hill for a photo stop to admire the moorland views towards Top Withens, where the Bronte Sisters walked to gain inspiration before we head north for our afternoon in the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Linton Falls, Station Rd, Yorkshire Dales National Park, Grassington England
You will arrive in the picturesque, traditional Dales village of Linton, where we will stop for photographs of Linton Falls before continuing our journey through the National Park.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bolton Abbey, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire, England
The main afternoon stop is at Bolton Abbey, where entry is free and you will be able to explore the Priory Church and ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Priory in its beautiful riverside setting, or maybe take the stepping stones challenge if you are feeling more adventurous!
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Harrogate, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
We leave Bolton Abbey to continue our journey through the Dales back towards York, passing through Harrogate and learning a bit about the history of this famous spa town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on the strict condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them and purchases a ticket for the child
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Adverse weather/road conditions, particularly during the winter months, may result in the route and itinerary having to be changed on the day
- Most travelers can participate
- Service animals are allowed by prior arrangement only
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our tours are COVID-secure, in accordance with the "We're Good to Go" Industry Standard.
- Relaxed and friendly small-group tour
- Comfortable 16-Seat Mini-coaches with Air-con & WIFI
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located meeting point near York Minster
- Entrance fees to attractions (all optional)
- Food and drinks
Duncombe Place, Duncombe Pl, York YO1, UK
8 hours 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the BOBH - Day Tours of Yorkshire in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.