See British tradition come to life on this fully-guided Changing of the Guard walking tour that ensures you get the very best views of this spectacular ceremony! Don’t make the same mistake that so many visitors often – and understandably – make, believing the prime vantage point from where to experience this time-honoured tradition is outside Buckingham Palace.
These spectators’ enthusiasm quickly turns to disappointment when they realise that they have waited for hours only to see the very end of this unique performance, their view often blocked by the throngs of people crowding around them. Instead, follow your guide on a dynamic journey that takes in the entire Changing of the Guard from beginning to end as they expertly navigate the crowds to take you to the best – and most photographable – viewpoints.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Changing of the Guard, Constitution Hill Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA England
Your regal tour begins at the Duke of York Column, located in St. James’, where you’ll greet your guide, don a personal headset, and receive a historical overview of the Changing of the Guard ceremony.
Many tourists make the mistake of viewing the ceremony outside of Buckingham Palace. However on this tour, handpicked vantage points ensure you get the best views of the royal tradition while listening to commentary that explains each part of the performance.
Marvel at the shimmering coats of the household cavalry as their riders control the horses with expert precision; capture photographs of the iconic red and black attire of the Queen’s foot soldiers; and, move quickly between vantage points in a small group of only 15 people.
Your tour concludes outside of Buckingham Palace.
Please note: The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade.
- Please note weather is very changeable in London, please ensure you have rainproof clothing
- Please note that the changing of the guard schedule may change and on different dates we will see either footguards or horseguards
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate
- Entry/Admission - Changing of the Guard
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
1 hour 30 minutes
Spur Road, Spur Rd, London SW1A 1AA, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Wonders UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.