What You'll Get
Catch the early morning ferry from Sandbanks across to the Isle of Purbeck. View Old Harry Rocks, the starting point of the Jurassic Coast, England’s first natural UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take in breathtaking views across Poole Harbour and towards Brownsea Island.
By mid morning you will arrive at Durlston Country Park. Visit the Jurassic Coast visitor center housed in the recently refurbished Durlston Castle. There’s time for a morning coffee stop overlooking the famous Great Globe and a chance to take the cliff top walk along to Tilly Whim Caves and the Anvil Point Lighthouse.
Heading west, drive through some of the tiny lanes and villages that give Purbeck its unique character. Take lunch in the village of Corfe Castle, dominated by the ruins that give it its name. Entrance to the castle itself not included (Free to NT members).
After lunch take a gentle drive along the coast taking in more stunning scenery as you head for an afternoon at Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door. Walk down to Man o’ War Rocks and view the magnificent rock arch of Durdle Door, hewn from the Portland limestone beds.
Finally, head down to Lulworth Cove and see the famous Lulworth Crumple rock formation in Stair Hole.
Lulworth Cove is in the village of West Lulworth where there are a number of tea rooms, pubs and cafes for refreshments.
Finally we head back to Bournemouth returning by about 18:00, subject to traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. Very rarely but there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- On busy days in the peak season, the queue for the Sanbanks Ferry can be very long and the guide may instead take the route around Poole Harbour, leaving the maximum time out on the Jurassic Coast.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Sandbanks ferry
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Corfe Castle (optional extra for individuals) Free entry for National Trust members (must have your card with you)
• 08:20 am Bournemouth Coach (Train) Station, Stand K
Post code: BH1 2BY
• 08:35 am Bournemouth Pier bus stop (Behind Hot Rocks restaurant)
Post code: BH2 5AH
• 08:55 Poole - Seldown Coach Park (Next to the Dolphin Shopping Centre and opposite the Lighthouse theatre)
Post code: BH15 1SN
We will return you to your pick up point for about 18:00 depending on traffic and drop off location.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discover Dorset Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.