The Loch Lomond tour from Glasgow has a little of everything that Scotland has to offer, from a leisurely cruise on bonnie Loch Lomond to the mountains of the ‘Highlands in miniature’ and majestic Stirling Castle.
Leaving Glasgow, we’re soon in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty where Rob Roy MacGregor was celebrated as a hero and an outlaw.
Learn about the area’s lawless Vikings and feuding clans during a loch cruise and stroll the quaint tourist town of Callander. At sumptuous Stirling Castle step back in time to the lavish days of Scotland’s Renaissance kings and queens.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Luss, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
We visit the conservation village of Luss, where tidy rows of cottages stretch down to the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond and are brimming with floral displays in summer. Luss is a tourists’ favourite, especially its picture postcard Church founded by the Celtic Saint MacKessog. In its churchyard lies a legacy of the lawless Vikings: their 11th century ‘hogback’ Viking grave, a stone-carved sculpture.
You can learn more about the marauding Vikings and the village’s history with the option of a leisurely 90-minute circular cruise from Luss Pier (tickets can be purchased on the day) which weaves around Loch Lomond’s many islands – often referred to as the jewels in the loch’s crown. If you prefer to stay on dry land there’s plenty of time for you to explore Luss.
Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes
Stop At: Trossachs, Trossachs, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
We follow the dramatic Duke’s Pass and deep into the Trossachs, the ‘Highlands in miniature’. Opinions differ on the meaning behind the Trossachs, but our favourite is from the Gaelic meaning ‘the bristly country’. We'll stop for a photo or two in this area.
This landscape inspired Sir Walter Scott’s poem The Lady of the Lake and his novel Rob Roy and we think you’ll be inspired too, whether to pick up your camera or your notebook. Look out for a favourite photographic subject, our woolly, long-horned Highland cows. We call them hairy coos!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Callander, Callander, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
We stop for lunch in bustling Callander, often called the ‘Gateway to the Highlands’, where there are walks, tourist attractions, tearooms and shops to browse.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
Passengers have the opportunity to visit to Stirling Castle (tickets must be purchased in advance,see tour exclusions), great royal residence of Stuart Kings and of Mary, Queen of Scots, who was declared monarch here in 1543, aged only nine months. It’s an imposing sight, perched on its crag, and you’ll have 90 minutes to explore this historic gem.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We are unable to accommodate children under the age of 5.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Services of your Driver-Guide
- Meals and Refreshments
- Loch Lomond Cruise, can be paid on the day: Adult - £15.00, Concession - £14.00, Child - £9.50
- Stirling Castle - 09:30 slot must be pre-booked directly with castle - Adult £14, Concession £11.20
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
Buchanan Bus Station (Stance 23), Glasgow G1 2BG, UK
9 hours 45 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discover Scotland Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.