The Edinburgh Food and drink tour explores both the medieval Old Town of Scotland’s capital and its elegant Georgian New Town.
There are five food stops en route, three of them with a drink tasting. All of the stops have been carefully chosen not only to highlight Scotland’s iconic food and drink but also because the venues are much loved by local residents. This food tour takes you off the tourist trail.
As well as delving deep into Scotland’s natural larder, the tour illustrates Edinburgh’s past and present; its history and the day-to-day reality of 21st century living in such a historical city.
In tours of more than two people will be offered audio headsets to listen to the guide as they walk at their own pace or stop to take photos.
The Edinburgh food & Drink tour takes place Monday to Sunday at 11am
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
The Edinburgh food and drink tour visit five locations tasting locally sourced Scottish food with three of the stops having Scottish drink tastings.
Your personal local guide will talk about the history of the area as walk between venues.
Pointing out other places to visit once the tour is over.
As well as delving deep into Scotland’s natural larder, the Edinburgh food and drink tour illustrates Edinburgh’s past and present; its history and the day-to-day reality of 21st century living in such a historical city.
Food and drink consumed equates to a three course meal so no need for lunch afterwards
With prior notice we can cater for the majoirty of dietary requirements.
Our private food and drink tour visits two venues in the Old Town for locally sourced Scottish food tastings. Your guide will show you the interesting sites of the Old town and talk in depth about the food and drink served to you. We have reservations for you at all the stops to ensure a relaxing time.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: New Town, Edinburgh Scotland
The Edinburgh food and drink tour visits three bars/restaurants in the New town. The New town dates back to the 18th Century so is definitely worth a visit. The venues for food tastings continue to have a Scottish theme but are places where locals eat and are away from the main tourist area of Edinburgh.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- People on our private tours tours will be given audio headset so they can listen to the guide while walking at there own pace and conform to social distancing as we come out of Covid-19 rules.
- Certified English-speaking guide
- Five food stops with three drink tastings
- Private walking tour
Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh, UK
3 hours 30 minutes
Rutland Street, Rutland St, Edinburgh, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Eat Walk Tours limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.