Why ‘Go Highlands’?
As a local I love the Highlands as much as I love meeting and showing visitors around our beautiful towns and countryside.
I am truly passionate about sharing the culture, history and scenery on offer - which is why I started ‘Go Highlands’ Tours, catering for groups and individuals looking for tours from Inverness and Invergordon.
Go Highlands tours have it all – breath-taking scenery, historical landmarks, famous lochs, castles, gardens and distilleries. Every tour will give you a real Scottish Highland experience. Remember to take your camera… Always a personal tour experience – guaranteed. Tours with that personal touch.
Go Highlands only caters for small groups of up to 8 on our tours, which means you always get the absolute best experience.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
Stones that date back around 4000 years (yes 4000) thats older than the pyramids... Touch the biggest one... thats what Claire did! I dare you :)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
This is where one series ends... the Battle of Culloden, see the wee hoose Claire turns into a wee makeshift hospital then the lads use it to hide out. A solemn place, the last battle fought between Scots, Clans, English and even some Irish
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wardlaw Road Wardlaw Mausoleum, Kirkhill, Inverness IV5 7NB Scotland
One of the key Lovat Outlander sites near Inverness and Loch Ness, in the little Scottish village of Kirkhill (near Beauly). The Wardlaw Mausoleum is the final resting place of the real “Old Fox” Lord Lovat of the Jacobite rebellion, and Jamie Fraser’s grandfather in the Outlander Series. A historic gem just outside of Inverness, Wardlaw Mausoleum is fast becoming a favourite with Outlander fans. Here you can visit a secret underground chamber that contains 6 ancient lead coffins. These include the 11th Lord Lovat’s headless body, following his execution at the Tower of London!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Beauly Priory, Beauly IV4 7DY Beauly IV4, Beauly Scotland
The Beautiful village of Beauly was where Claire and Jamie were heading to early in season one.
Beauly Priory was a Valliscaulian monastic community located at "Insula de Achenbady", now Beauly, Inverness-shire. It was probably founded in 1230. It is not known for certain who the founder was, different sources giving Alexander II of Scotland, John Byset, and bothWikipedia
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ness, Scotland
Here you will also get fabulous views of Loch Ness and have a chance to go down to it’s banks in the hope of seeing the ‘Water horse’ which so entranced Claire Randall (or Nessie, as she’s better known around these parts!)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
The present ruins date from the 13th to the 16th centuries, though built on the site of an early medieval fortification. Founded in the 13th century, Urquhart played a role in the Wars of Scottish Independence in the 14th century. It was subsequently held as a royal castle, and was raided on several occasions by the MacDonald Earls of Ross. The castle was granted to the Clan Grant in 1509, though conflict with the MacDonalds continued. Despite a series of further raids the castle was strengthened, only to be largely abandoned by the middle of the 17th century. Urquhart was partially destroyed in 1692 to prevent its use by Jacobite forces, and subsequently decayed. In the 20th century it was placed in state care as a scheduled monument and opened to the public: it is now one of the most-visited castles in Scotland.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Bottled water
- Pick-up and drop off from your accommodation
- Leisurely itinerary
- Services of knowledgeable local guide
- Guided walks if desired
- Admission charges to visited attractions
- No guarantee of Sunshine (This is Scotland)
- Entry/Admission - Culloden Battlefield
- Entry/Admission - Urquhart Castle
Stance No. 7, Inverness Bus Station, Margaret St, Inverness IV1 1LT, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
If you don't see your Hotel, Guest House or B&B listed please let us know and we will add for Pick up.
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
- Cromarty Firth Port Authority, Invergordon, UK, Port Office, Shore Rd, Invergordon IV18 0HD, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Exclusive Private Tour 7/28/2020 - 6/2/2023
|Monday:||07:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Tuesday:||07:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Wednesday:||07:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Thursday:||07:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Friday:||07:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Saturday:||07:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Sunday:||07:30 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
4 to 5 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Highlands in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.