Tour the Scottish Highlands on a day trip from Edinburgh, and then watch the world-famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at night. Capturing the essence of Scotland in one day, the experience offers the perfect combination of Scottish Highland countryside, a whisky distillery tour with a sample and a guaranteed ticket to the Military Tattoo — where festival-style performances and marches take place at Edinburgh Castle’s historical esplanade.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Wallace Monument, Hillfoots Road Abbey Craig, Stirling FK9 5LF Scotland
We stop to hear tales of Scotland’s most famous patriot and his part in the medieval Wars of Independence.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Glenturret Distillery The Hosh, Crieff PH7 4HA Scotland
We visit a local whisky distillery where you will learn how our national drink, the 'water of life' is made with an informative tour and sample a wee dram.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Hermitage Woodland Walk, Just off A9 at Dunkeld, Dunkeld Scotland
Explore a stretch of magical Perthshire forest; the peaceful Hermitage. Take a short woodland walk to see the Black Linn Falls on the River Braan and don't forget to look up! You can spot here the giant Douglas firs which are among the tallest trees in Britain.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dunkeld Cathedral, 1.5 hours drive north of Edinburgh, Dunkeld Scotland
Take in Dunkeld with its spectacular cathedral on the banks of the River Tay
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Forth Bridge, North Queensferry KY11 1HP Scotland
Return to Edinburgh via the inspiring Forth Bridges - Forth Rail Bridge, Forth Road Bridge and the Queensferry Crossing.
Stop At: The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, Johnston Terrace Edinburgh Castle Esplanade, Edinburgh EH1 2NG Scotland
The Tattoo is an iconic Edinburgh institution, and a sellout year after year after year. Music, dance and precision display with the Massed Pipes and Drums, the Massed Military Bands, cultural troupes, singers and the poignant refrain of the Lone Piper against the stunning backdrop of Edinburgh Castle.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 23 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- The Castlehill location at Edinburgh Castle, where the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo takes place, is reached via a short walk along an old cobbled street of some 262 feet (80 meters) and on a steep incline. Some people may find this difficult. There is another 197-foot (60-meter) walk including several steps before the steeply tiered seating area is reached
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Whisky distillery tour, dram of whisky included
- WiFi on board coach
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo Ticket
- Entry/Admission - The Glenturret Distillery
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - National Wallace Monument
Highland Explorer Tours, 60 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
9 hours 30 minutes
Waterloo Place, Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Highland Explorer Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.