This is the Original Aldgate East Jack the Ripper tour that has been operating nightly since 1982. Our start point means that, within seconds of setting out, you are exploring the cobbled alleys and atmospheric old streets that have changed little since Jack the Ripper prowled their shadows. Our guides, Richard Jones, John Bennett, Philip Hutchinson, Angie Norman, Lindsay Siviter and Mark Ubsdell are experts on the case and have between them written more than ten acclaimed books on the Jack The Ripper mystery. They are able to present you with a detailed account of the crimes that shook the world in 1888. However, they present those facts in a dramatic and entertaining fashion that is both entertaining and inspiring, and which helps bring the history of the crimes to vivid life. From the start, it is as though you are a part of the Victorian police investigation, as you sift the evidence, examine the facts, and debate the crimes and arrive at your own conclusions.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 65 Brushfield Street Spitalfields, London E1 6AA England
Your expert guide takes you on a 2 hour walking tour around the historic area where the Jack the Ripper murders occurred. You will hear about the police investigation, learn about the suspects, visit the murder sites and discover the story behind the greatest whodunnit of all time.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Christ Church Spitalfields, Commercial St, Shadwell, London E1 6LY, UK
You will stand beneath the soaring spire of Christchurch, Spitalfields, a landmark that dominates its surroundings today, just as it did when Jack the Ripper prowled the streets beneath its shadow.
Duration: 8 minutes
Stop At: Brick Lane Police Station 25 Brick Lane, London E1 6PU England
You will explore the streets around Brick Lane, all of which are lined by sturdy 18th-century houses that have changed little since 1888 when the formed the backcloth against which the Jack the Ripper saga was played out.
Duration: 25 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The Tube Station At The start is not wheelchair accessible.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Expert Guides Who Will Bring The Story To Life
- Original Photographs Of The Locations As They Were At The Time Of The Murders.
- The Opportunity To Ask Questions And Discuss The Case With Your Guide And Fellow Participants.
- You Will Be Able To Peruse Police And Press Reports About The Crimes.
- Travel Costs To And From The Tour.
BNB - Business Network Builders Limited, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman St, London E1 8FA, UK
Mitre Square, London EC3A, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jack the Ripper Tour - Discovery Tours and Events Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.