The infamous Tudor dynasty has the stories: the love, the distrust, the conspiracies, the politics, and, of course, the executions. Retrace the footsteps of King Henry VIII and his wives at Hampton Court Palace.
The words “I will love you for the rest of your life,” certainly make one consider the pressures on the women who caught the king’s eye.
The Stuarts certainly did not wish to be outdone by the Tudors. King William III and Queen Mary II commissioned Sir Christopher Wren to build a new baroque palace. The state rooms and royal apartments provide a regal and intimate insight into how the royals lived during the Renaissance.
Join an approved tour guide. From his reviews, you will see John has been delivering private tours to castles and historic places in South East England for many guests. Locations include Hever Castle, (former family home of Anne Boleyn), and Leeds Castle, (one of King Henry VIII’s castles and where his first wife, Catherine of Aragon, used to stay).
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hampton Court Palace, A308, East Molesey KT8 9AU England
We will meet at the main ticket office at Hampton Court Palace.
(N.B. Entrance tickets are not included with this tour for logistical reasons. The meeting point is by the palace’s main ticket office. Please ensure online tickets to Hampton Court Palace are available before booking this tour.)
We will tour both the Tudor and baroque aspects of the palace, including the gardens. As this is a private tour, it is unrushed. Breaks will be included.
Experience something unique and truly unforgettable during this private tour whilst leaving the hectic pace of 21st-century life behind you.
With extensive experience in delivering many private tours, John will share stories and insights of the English royal court and the way of life.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- John England Tours is certified as ‘Good To Go’ & ‘Safe Travels.' - Industry-standards by VisitEngland and the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) assuring visitors businesses have clear processes and are following tourism and Government COVID-19 safety guidance. << Fully vaccinated.>>
- No tour fee for kids 10 years and under. (Must be accompanied by a relative 21+ years old).
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hotel pick-up
- Entrance tickets. Usually approx. £25 per adult / £13 per child. See Historic Royal Palaces website.
- Meals and beverages
- Entry/Admission - Hampton Court Palace
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the John England Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.