Explore the Orkney Islands on this day trip from John O'Groats. Take the ferry and island hop across the Churchill Barriers to visit Kirkwall, home to the magnificent Viking cathedral of St Magnus. Free time for lunch in Stromness. Visit Ring of Brodgar and Standing Stones. Step back 5,000 years as you enter the stoneage village of Skara Brae and on your way home drop by the Italian Chapel. An amazing day out.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: John O'Groats Ferries, John o' Groats, Wick KW1 4YR, UK
Depart from John O'Groats on the ferry. Shortest sea crossing, only 40 mins to Orkney Islands. Look out for wildlife on the way even orcas if you are lucky and puffins. Luxury coach awaits you on Orkney. Enjoy a guided tour of the islands.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Skara Brae B9056, Stromness KW16 3LR Scotland
An amazing 5000 year old stoneage village older than the pyramids part of Orkney's World Heritage Site. Only discovered 150 years ago. Entry payable by card at site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Italian Chapel, Lamb Holm, St. Mary's KW17 2RT Scotland
See the beautiful Italian Chapel, built by Italian prisoners of war using basic materials.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Saint Magnus Cathedral, Broad Street, Kirkwall KW15 1NX Scotland
Visit the town of Kirkwall with its magnificent Cathedral. See also shops, harbour and museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ring of Brodgar, Brodgar B9055, Stromness KW16 3JZ Scotland
See the mystical Ring of Brodgar, an impressive stone circle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Standing Stones of Stenness, Stenness KW16 3JY Scotland
Small group of standing stones.
Pass By: Scapa Flow, Kirkwall Scotland
Drive round Scapa Flow, home to the Grand Fleet during the wars. See the block ships as you cross the Churchill Barriers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Sorry no dogs on tour
- Tour returns 6.15pm to John O'Groats
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Ferry crossing
- English speaking guide
- Transport by coach
- Entrance fee to Skara Brae (stoneage village)
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to Italian chapel
- Entry/Admission - Skara Brae
- Entry/Admission - The Italian Chapel
John O'Groats Harbour, Unnamed Road, John o' Groats, Wick KW1 4YR, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the John O'Groats Ferries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.