Learn how London’s extensive Underground network was constructed (by hand!) over 150 years ago. Discover the hazards of running steam trains underground, including why staff requested leave to grow beards. Catch a rare glimpse of a disused ‘ghost station’ abandoned over fifty years ago. Learn how the London Underground pioneered the concept of building an epic, money-spinning visual brand, from its iconic tube map to the design of its stations. Gain an insight into the superstar architects behind the Underground’s distinctive architecture, including the man who painted London red and why some stations resemble spaceships. Find out why Big Ben tilts two centimeters to the North West
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: London Underground, London SW1H 0TL England
Discover the secrets of the London Underground, aka the Tube, on a tour that takes you through 150 years of London history. You'll learn how the network was constructed, see a 'ghost station,' and hear stories about the architecture of different stations. Great tour for history or engineering buffs Travel to different London Underground stations with a guide Learn about the branding of the Tube Hear little-known facts about the transit network and its stations
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Learn how London’s extensive Underground network was constructed (by hand!) over 150 years ago.
- Discover the hazards of running steam trains underground
- Catch a rare glimpse of a disused ‘ghost station’ abandoned over fifty years ago.
Baker Street Station, Marylebone, London NW1 5AL, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the London Underground in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.