The River Thames is full of life, nature, wildlife, people, architecture, history. Sometime you need a boat to fully appreciate the beauty that surrounds us and only on a boat you can be at the centre of all that's happening around you. Join us for a full day Experience on a barge trip, disconnect from work, from the news, from the traffic. Relax and adapt to the pace of life on the river, reconnect with those around you with quality time.
You will book the barge privately and only your party will be on board. Prices starts at £356 all inclusive full day for a group of 4 - (only £89pp). Price will change depending on the number of guests. Max 6 guests.
Skipper, diesel, tea, coffees, snacks, soft drinks and a light lunch are all included. The barge is beautiful, very spacious, well maintained, clean and comfortable and you will be able to use all parts of the boat.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
Your tour will start just a stone's throw away from Windsor Castle and we will explore the river Thames going upstream up to Dorney Lake.
Stop At: Boveney Church, Boveney lock, Dorney England
St Mary’s, Boveney, nestling on the banks of the Thames, almost within sight of Eton College but a world away in a small remote hamlet, was saved by the Friends in June 1983.
The building is listed Grade I despite its low-key exterior. What tips it into that highest of all listing categories is the remarkable vernacular interior with 18th and 19th Century fittings, its romantic location adjacent to the Thames and its very early origins in the 12th century.
The church was built to serve the bargemen, or bargees as they were called, who plied their trade on the river, although the quay immediately adjacent is long lost. Outside you will notice the little slivers of flint pressed into the mortar coursing lines – this is a partly decorative, partly functional technique known as galletting.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Dorney Lake, Eton College Rowing Centre, Off Court Lane, Dorney SL4 6QP England
Nestled within picturesque Berkshire countryside between Windsor & Maidenhead, yet still just 20 minutes from London, Heathrow with direct links to M4 J7 and A404/M40, come and escape the hustle and bustle. Business or pleasure, our wide range of flexible, modern event spaces each with stunning views over the 400 acres of parkland, grounds and world-famous rowing course; the perfect setting for any event.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- The barge is very spacious (21m x 3.6m) and well ventilated. Only 6 guests are allowed on board for each cruise and social distancing is not a problem as we have well in excess of the 1m rule.
- Coffee and/or Tea - On arrival and throughout the experience there will be coffee, tea and danish pastries.
- Lunch - A light lunch will be consumed on board while moored up along the river. Water and soft drinks included, you are welcome to bring your own bottle of wine.
10 Thames Side, Windsor SL4 1QN, UK
6 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the River Experiences Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.