We will cruise from the city centre to the point where the waters of the River Irwell meet the Ship Canal and onwards to the old docks now reborn as Salford Quays with views of the extraordinary architecture of the Lowry Arts Centre and Imperial War Museum North. You will be with Green Badge Tour Guide describing the history of the city that built up around the waterways. Our boat is full heated, equipped with an onboard licensed bar and two toilets.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Imperial War Museum North, Trafford Wharf Road The Quays, Stretford M17 1TZ England
Passing by this amazing building, our guide will explain the ideas behind the design of the building.
Pass By: The Lowry, Pier 8 The Quays Pier 8, Salford M50 3AZ England
We will pass by this striking building on the side of the canal designed to evoke elements of the ships that once docked there. Named after the early 20th-century painter L. S. Lowry, known for his paintings of industrial scenes in North West England.
Pass By: Manchester Ship Canal, The Quays, Manchester England
We join the Manchester Ship Canal from the River Irwell and travel as war as Mode Wheel locks at Salford Quays. The guide will provide an indepth history of the canal, it's origins and how it helped evolve the city.
Pass By: Sir Matt Busby Way Old Trafford, Stretford M16 0RA England
Home to Manchester United since 1910 we obtain a great view as we enter the canal's terminal basin. You hear details of the stadium and how it have been built up over the years.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Restroom on board
- WiFi on board
3 Stanley St, Salford M60 9HL, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Manchester River Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.