Explore this remarkable and unique double palace, where the ages overlap and the course of history changed forever, where Wolsey, the 'Second King' of England reined, only to watch all power slip away. Climb the steps to wonder at the greatest medieval hall in England. Stand in Henry’s 'Great Watching Chamber' where nobles vied for the Kings attention and his wife was declared an adulterer. Walk the halls through which, some say, her ghost still runs, crying out for the forgiveness & mercy that was never to come.
Step through a time portal at the end of the Haunted Gallery into the Baroque Palace, William lll's and the Glorious Revolution’s answer to Versailles and the guillotine.
After the gardens, board Princess Freda, one of Dunkirk's surviving little ships and, supplied with a classic picnic basket, sail down the Thames, past the famous Eel Pie Island, beloved of the Rolling Stones and many other points of interest.
I will meet you at Richmond and chauffer you back to your hotel.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hampton Court Palace, A308, East Molesey KT8 9AU England
I love discussing England past & present with my guests while we journey to Hampton Court in my Mercedes. We can talk about the Palace itself, or any other aspect of our long history that may interest them, from the Norman Conquest to the Battle of Britain. As well as showing the treasures on view, I like to illustrate further aspects of the history of this ancient place by sharing materials I have prepared via my tablet, staying close to my visitors and talking them through the history personally.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Details of Covid rules and restriction vary frequently at the moment. You will be updated on any specific requirements prior to your tour.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water - Filtered and chilled water from a cold flask
- Tickets - £25.30 each
- Entry/Admission - Hampton Court Palace
Traveler pickup is offered
Collection by Mercedes from the steps of your hotel. We will liaise via phone so that we can leave as soon as you are ready.
- London City Airport, London England
- Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 England
4 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mark Cairns in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.