Get a fascinating glimpse into the world of Outlander with our film location tour featuring a visit to Castle Leoch in Outlander.
Our private group tours take up to four people to three Outlander filming locations.
On this tour we visit various locations used for filming the hit series Outlander , based on the best selling novels by Diana Gabaldon.
The first location on this Outlander tour is the historic town of Falkland. where Jamie looks up at Claire from the Bruce Fountain
Doune Castle was built in 1400 for the first Duke of Albany and provides the setting for Castle Leoch in Outlander.
Blackness Castle goes back to 1440 . The castle provides the setting for Fort William . Souvenir photos, t-shirts , phone cases and gifts can be bought at www.privatetoursedinburgh.com
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Falkland Palace & Garden, 11 miles north of Kirkcaldy, Falkland KY15 7BY Scotland
the historic town of Falkland where Jamie looks up at Claire from the Bruce Fountain
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Doune Castle was built in 1400 for the first Duke of Albany and provides the setting for Castle Leoch in Outlander. It was also the set for Winterfell in Game of Thrones and Monty Python’s Holy Grail.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
Blackness Castle goes back to 1440 . The castle provides the setting for Fort William, as the original fort no longer exists.
The castle is long and narrow because of the shape of the rock on which it is situated and it is sometimes called ‘ the ship that never sailed ‘
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Every vehicle is cleaned inside and out before each tour
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional photographer guide
- lunch and refreshments
- Souvenir photos, t-shirts , phone cases and gifts can be bought at our website.
- entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Falkland Palace & Garden
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
Traveler pickup is offered
Edinburgh and Glasgow hotels and Airbnb
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
3 to 4 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Private tours Edinburgh in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.