A private and personalised tour from London, picked up from the door of your Hotel.
Explore the life and legacy of the great Sir Winston Churchill and his family. Visit his Private family home and art studio in the beautiful Kent Countryside. A non rushed and bespoke private tour with your personal guide and driver.
• See Churchill's Much Loved Private Home and Estate
• View original items and gifts belonging to him
• Visit his Art Studio and see priceless original paintings
• Soak up the atmosphere in Churchill's Oak beamed Tudor Study and Library
• New Exhibition for 2018 Dedicated to Lady Clementine Churchill
• If time permits take lunch in a 400 year old Kent Pub
• All this with a Private Driver and Guide at your pace.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chartwell Mapleton Road, Westerham TN16 1PS England
Chartwell is approximately 1.5 hours from London. You will have a personal guide to show you around the House and Grounds. Hear the history of the estate and how Sir Winston Churchill came to buy the property without his wife's knowledge and then live here from 1922 until 1965.
Chartwell is a perfectly preserved time capsule containing all original items that belonged to the great man and his family. Winston Churchill once remarked "A day away from Chartwell is a day wasted"
Your guide will make sure you see all the interesting parts of the estate that highlight the personal side of Churchill and his family. The brick walls laid by Sir Winston himself, and the cottage he built for his daughter Mary. The sheer amount of water features on the estate show his great love for ponds, swimming pools and nature.
But of course behind this great man was a very special woman Clementine Churchill. Her Rose beds and flower Gardens are wonderfully maintained by the staff, and her touch is unmistakable throughout the house. Visitors can enjoy the new exhibition focusing on Clementine Churchill and will come away realising that with out Clementine history could have played out very differently.
The former guest rooms now contain a small museum displaying some of the gifts and honours given to Churchill. The adjoining rooms contain his personal Uniforms and favourite hats.
Your guide will be on hand to point out items of special interest, and answer any questions you have about the estate.
After spending as much time as you like in the house, it will be time to visit Sir Winston Churchill's Art Studio. A place of utmost importance to him. He took up painting at the age of 40, and painted over 500 paintings during his lifetime. Here you will learn about his life as a painter, and see more than 100 of his original paintings.
Chartwell is a special place, so for your visit make sure you are in safe hands with a guide that knows the estate inside out, and loves sharing his knowledge of Sir Winston Churchill's remarkable life.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Westerham Parish Church, The Green, Westerham TN16 1AS, UK
The village of Westerham is just 10 minutes from Chartwell and sitting proudly on the Village Green is a Statue of Sir Winston Churchill by the sculptor Oscar Nemon.
For those wanting to try a traditional country Pub there is the Grasshopper on the Green which makes an optional lunch stop if time permits.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All UK Government Safety guidelines and requirements at the time of travel will be followed during your tour.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Chartwell
- Food and drinks
5 to 7 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Richards Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.