Once a month I will be doing a tour/pub crawl dedicated to my favorite subgenre of music and the reason I hang out in Camden Town…BRITPOP!It’s been 25 years since Blur’s Parklife album came out in 1994…and Camden Town is the epicenter of Britpop…where it all started in the pubs and music venues of this North London Borough. We’ll be drinking at the pubs that Blur & Oasis hung out and where Elastica signed their record deal. We’ll see the venue where The Bluetones formed after seeing The Stone Roses. We’ll see where Jarvis Cocker worked for one day and where many of the bands bought their clothes.I am an expert on Britpop. I have been interviewed for several university papers, Soho Radio, Shoreditch Radio, BBC6 Music and the Music Heritage UK podcast about Britpop and Camden. I am friends with the former manager of Blur and owner of Food Records, Andy Ross. I’ve either met and/or know some of the Britpop bands too…but you’ll have to go on the tour to hear those stories.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Camden Town, London NW1 8AH England
You will see where Noel Gallagher lived back in 90's. The location where the Manic Street Preachers filmed the video for The Design For Life...and many of the Britpop bands have played over the years. The pub that Noel would drink at if the GOod Mixer was too overrun with Britpop fans. The venue where The Stone Roses performed several times. The pub that hosted the club night Blowup where all the scenesters hung out. The street where Food Records used to be located. The music venue pub where Blur put on a 'secret' show at the height of Britpop. And we finish off at the most Britpop pub of all...the Good Mixer.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 17 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Alcoholic Beverages - Drinks in the pubs are not included in the ticket
Adelaide Rd, Chalk Farm, London NW3 2BP, UK
2 to 3 hours
The Good Mixer, 30 Inverness St, Camden Town, London NW1 7HJ, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rock n Roll Camden Walking Tour in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.